Procurement Manager Job at Egbin Power Plc
Egbin Power Plc. Lagos is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Often seen as the biggest single generating power station in Sub-Saharan Africa, it was built to meet the every rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its environs.
Following the nation’s privatization exercise, Sahara, through its power division, Sahara Power Group and sundry affiliations, acquired the 1320 MW installed capacity Egbin Power Plant. We are working towards deploying a minimum of 5,000 MW of electricity generation over the next five years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Manager
Location: Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full Time
- To provide effective management of the Procurement team in delivering an effective and efficient Procurement service to the business.
- To provide comprehensive advice and support to other managers and staff on Procurement related issues and where appropriate to take the lead in problem solving.
- Support the company in achieving Value for Money whilst contributing to the organisations value agenda.
- To contribute to the development, implementation and review of Procurement strategies and policies, and to lead on subsequent implementation.
- Provide support to the Head, Procurement through providing strategic Procurement input to designated areas of Egbin Power Plc.
- To contribute to the wider management and policy framework of Egbin and assist in achieving its overall performance targets and outcomes.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Finance or Finance related course
- Postgraduate qualification/or relevant qualification is a MUST
- Minimum of 15 years relevant work experience, with a minimum of five (5) in a managerial role
- Membership to the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply
- Proven experience of procurement in large organizations
- Proven experience of managing a procurement department
- Experience in a variety of sourcing arrangements
- Experience with working with Power Plant or/and managing Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) will be an added advantage
- Appreciation of strategies and key concepts in procurement and inventory management
- Working knowledge of public procurement laws and regulations
- Ability to think strategically and holistically and to appreciate the systemic impact of various policies, issues and solutions
- Knowledge of contract laws, material accounting systems and insurance and risk management
- Knowledge of Integrated Materials Management System
- Knowledge of company policies, procedures and guidelines for procurement
- Knowledge of stores management and inventory management
- Knowledge of regulatory laws import, duties, policies
- Knowledge of national and international sourcing markets
- Knowledge of application of IT systems in materials management
- Leadership/supervisory and people management skills
- Networking and relationship management skills
- Ability to meet targets and deadlines
- Proven negotiator with excellent oral/written communication
- Knowledge of preparing tenders & relevant procurement regulations
- Knowledge of IT & web-based applications
- Mature personality, capable of making and sustaining good working relationships.
- Commitment to further training/continuous learning and development.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To be responsible for the overall effectiveness of Procurement activities for the entire organization by promoting best practice procurement activity.
- To be responsible for the overall effectiveness of Procurement specifications coordination and control, ensuring close liaison between Procurement and technical advisors from other areas of the business.
- To develop and install training programmes for the Procurement team.
- Responsible to ensure that all procurement activity complies with company regulations and the Standard Procurement Regulations.
- To support the Head of Procurement by providing strategic input to procurement plans for the company, which will support future business operations, for approval by management/Board.
- To seek innovative ideas on continuous improvement and achieve quality and economy.
- To identify, agree and deliver annual, measurable cost reduction schemes from procurement activity to assist Egbin Power Plc. in meeting its overall objectives and targets through the Balance Scorecard.
- Demonstrate the results of cost savings schemes in an independently auditable form.
- Liaise with, and benchmark procurement results and techniques of Egbin Power Plc. with other organization inside and outside the power sector.
- Initiate and deliver the use of procurement best practice tools.
- Management of the Procurement team budgets and forecasts.
Leadership and Management:
- To be the senior technical manager and to contribute to the development, implementation and review of corporate strategies, annual project plans, policies and procedures.
- To develop and maintain positive relationships with key partners and stakeholders.
- To ensure effective management of employee and resources promoting team building and collaborative working to deliver the corporate plan.
- To provide clear, succinct and cogent reports to required deadlines for the Board, Committees, the Chief Executive, Management Teams and key stakeholders as required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online