APIN Public Health Initiatives is a non-governmental donor-funded organization dedicated to the prevention, treatment, care and support of diseases of public health importance in Nigeria, including HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria, among others. APIN works in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, United States Center for Disease Control (CDC), as well as the Global Fund to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria in Nigeria. We offer professionals opportunities for career advancement, a good working environment and competitive remuneration.
We are seeking qualified and suitable candidates to assume the vacant position below:
Job Title: Program Officer
Location: Taraba State
Duration of Contract: 10 months fixed term
Project: Global Fund_HIV- KP
- This position will report to the Program Manager at the Head Office. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the implementation of prevention services for Key Population (FSW, MSM, TG and PWID) across implementing states.
- S/He will be responsible for supporting KP-Led CBOs to provide HIV Testing Services including community outreaches using Partner Notification services and other strategies ensuring linkage of HIV positive KPs to designated Facilities and One stop shop in the states for improved treatment outcomes.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must possess first degree in Social or Behavioural & Medical Sciences or related discipline.
- Knowledge of Global Fund projects, regulations, compliance and reporting requirements is added advantage.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of integrity.
- Must possess good relationship management/ advocacy skills.
- Must possess good report writing, presentation, data interpretation skills.
- Possession of Master’s Degree in Public Health or related field would be added advantage.
- Must have minimum of three (3) years’ experience in the field of HIV prevention for KPs (FSW, MSM, TG and PWID)
- Demonstrated understanding, experience and competency in working with HIV KP community-led organizations and KP community leaders.
- Strong technical and programmatic knowledge and experience in prevention activities for KPs, HIV testing and linkage to care.
Deadline: 10th February, 2020
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Applicants will be required to attach a CV with a Suitability Statement that states how their skills, knowledge and experience make them suitable, and indicating the person specifications highlighted above for the position.
- The Suitability Statement should not exceed a page and must appear on the first page of the CV, contained in one document.
- Late applications will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.