RTI International is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 5,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and multidisciplinary services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Event Planning Consultant
LOE: 30 days
Duration: 6 weeks
- RTI International in collaboration with Plan International and other partners are implementing a 4-year USAID funded Effective Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (E-WASH) program. E-WASH will provide technical assistance to and will work in collaboration with State Governments to improve urban water service delivery by strengthening the governance, financial, and technical viability of six (6) State Water Boards (SWBs) in Nigeria.
- USAID Effective Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (E-WASH) program will holding a high-profile event for World Water Day in Abuja, Nigeria on March 19, 2020.
- The USAID’s E-WASH project seeks to recruit a Senior Event Planner Consultant to coordinate the event for World Water Day. This will be a full-time role for 6 weeks.
- The Consultant will be based in the USAID E-WASH office in Abuja. This role will manage the Event Planning Consultant and report directly to the Chief of Party and RTI’s Home Office Event Lead for this event.
- The overall goal is improvement of urban water and sanitation service delivery. The overall objective of E-WASH is to assist the Government of Nigeria to expand and improve urban water service delivery by strengthening the governance, financial and technical viability of select State Water Boards (SWBs) in Nigeria.
- The E-WASH activity will concentrate on solidifying state, municipal, and utility level governance gains, manifested in improved water supply services, and an improved ability to regulate, manage, and expand sanitation services.
- The role will coordinate closely with the E-WASH internal event committee.
- The role will oversee all aspects of event planning and execution, agenda development, content and collateral production, and other responsibilities to ensure a successful event.
- Develop the event workplan and agenda under the supervision of RTI Event Lead
- Development of Event workplan in week 1
- Develop and refine agenda, including a detailed run-of-show, in coordination with E-WASH RTI Event Lead, COP, and E-WASH Event committee.
- Coordinate with E-WASH Event committee and staff to prepare documentation and scene setters for participants and ensure they are developed and distributed as directed by the RTI event lead.
- Prepare the committee’s identified speakers for the event by answering any logistical questions they may have unrelated to travel.
Invitation / registration / promotion:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive plan for exhibits and exhibitor area at Event.
- Work with E-WASH State Advocacy and Strategic Communications Specialist (ACBSs) and the EWASH event committee to develop and finalize all State level material, collateral and exhibits for each booth.
- Work with the E-WASH Communications Manager to ensure that all USAID-branded materials are approved by USAID.
- Identify exhibition area within the venue.
- Plan layout and logistics.
- Work with E-WASH event committee to agree on booth concepts, criteria for each state, size and space.
- Collaborate with the event coordinator to make sure all booths meet criteria and form agreed to.
- Work with E-WASH Staff and ACBSs to ensure that all booths are set up appropriately 24hours before the event.
- Responsible for managing day-of activities and ensuring adherence to run-of-show.
- In collaboration with the Event Planner and Logistics Consultant, plan all day-of logistics including:
- Room set-up
- VIP, participant, and attendee check-in and event experience.
- Lead and manage media outreach activities to ensure strong media presence at the event.
- Track all ongoing activities and report back to EWASH RTI Event Lead and COP on progress
- Supervise the Event Planner and Logistics Consultant and ensure they carry out their responsibilities.
Objectives of the Assignment:
- A successful event.
- 5 years-experience in managing large events and communications activities on behalf of a trade association, think tank, PR agency, corporate communications office, or nonprofit organization preferred.
- USAID experience will be a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
- Extremely strong organizational and prioritization skill with strong ability to adaptively manage to objectives, resolve issues and escalate as necessary.
- Strategic thinker with proven ability to link event objectives to specific prioritized workplan
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to work collaboratively and establish strong working relationships with key colleagues
- Self-starter, able to think creatively and work independently;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment and carry out multiple activities and projects with competing deadlines;
- Excellent oral and written English language communication skills;
- Willingness to travel domestically in Nigeria if necessary.
- We offer a highly competitive remuneration.
Deadline: 11th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV as one single Word Document to: STTA@ewash.rti.org clearly indicating the “Job Title” as the subject of your mail.
- On the subject line of your e-mail, you should only put the e-mail subject line as indicated above (no other text should be on this subject line)
- Consultants are encouraged to apply as soon as they see this advert.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for negotiations.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.