IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior Specialist, Projects (IT)
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- We are currently recruiting for a Senior Specialist, Projects (IT). In this role, you will manage workstreams as part of a wider transformation programme to enable solution delivery and implementation of business systems.
- You will also act as the main conduit between the programme and its customers (including external partners), managing their inputs and outputs to deliver change for the business.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Support the portfolio management decision process through the creation of project charters, scope documents, risk assessments, and budgets.
- Close the project to formalize acceptance of the project result and release project resources.
- Measure and report on value achieved and business benefits realized through projects.
- Provide leadership and technical guidance to reports.
- Provide performance feedback for project team members.
- Manage project scope.
- Lead efforts in developing work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans and status reports.
- Execute the defined project plan to ensure that the project team completes their assignments according to plan.
- Monitor and control the work to ensure that the project remains on track.
- Plan for contingencies and report project baseline variances.
- Identify and anticipate risks and issues, facilitating resolution, mitigation and appropriate escalation.
- Contribute to management of change and project risks.
- Assess inter-project dependencies and gauge the financial impact and risk of the project.
- Support in the definition of project quality standards and ensure these standards are adhered to during project execution and delivery.
Managing 3rd Party Delivery:
- Set expectations and scope.
- Plan and manage delivery.
- Resolve disputes.
- Assure 3rd-party quality.
- Conduct feasibility studies and confirm results with business units to facilitate decision making.
- Engage with the business to understand needs and gather requirements.
- Perform change control.
- Manage expectations.
- Ensure Process Leads and Business Champions are delivering change.
- Communicate with management and stakeholders to enable successful and timely project completion.
- Ensure deliverables meet expectations and are fully tested.
- Manage early life support.
- Develop Lessons Learnt.
- Update Project Information Platform System.
Experience & Qualifications Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Industrial Engineering
- +7 years’ experience in IT project management in a business application environment
- Certifications in any of the following: Prince2, Agile/Scrum, PMP
- Demonstrable ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Skilled in briefing and reporting to senior business stakeholders.
- Be Bold
- Customer Focus
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 F&O
- Power BI & Reporting
- Data Warehouse
- Project Management (Prince2/PMP/Agile)
- Software Development Lifecycle
- Resource Management
- Vendor & Supplier Management
- Workload Management.
- Collaboration & Teamwork
- Analytical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Business Communication
- Initiative/ Judgement
- Relationship Building.
Deadline: 26th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online