Vesselnet Limited is a leading player in the off-grid solar market, independent telecommunication and information service provision in Nigeria and across Africa. Established in 2007, we are at the forefront of the provision of services to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), vendors and operators.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Solar Engineer
Location: Lekki, Lagos
- We are looking for an experienced and passionate Solar Engineer to join our operations team as a Solar Engineer at our company, you will be responsible for Solar Energy Systems perform site-specific engineering analysis or evaluation of energy efficiency and solar projects involving residential, commercial, or industrial customers.
- Design solar domestic hot water and space heating systems for new and existing structures, applying knowledge of structural energy requirements, local climates, solar technology, and thermodynamics.
- Design of solar -inverter system to meet clients’ power/energy requirement.
- Conduct engineering site audits to collect structural, electrical, and related site information for use in the design of solar power systems.
- Review specifications and recommend engineering or manufacturing changes to achieve solar design objectives.
- Create electrical single-line diagrams or connection diagrams for solar electric systems using computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Prepare quotations based on cost effective engineering designs
- Develop design specifications and functional requirements for solar energy systems.
- Meet with clients if need be, to enlighten them on the importance of solar energy.
- Relate with our partners to give them our required technical specification.
- Assist the marketing team with technical information where necessary.
- Identify strategic solar and electrical equipment suppliers.
- Plan and develop operation and maintenance program for clients and internal use.
- Designs on-grid and off-grid solar PV systems including embedded systems, off-grid stand-alone systems, mini-grids for off-grid clients and communities, microgrids for commercial and industrial clients, large megawatt scale solar farms and systems that integrate with existing energy equipment.
- End to end execution of solar projects (Rooftop & Ground Mounted) and AMC / Service Support.
- Able to check site feasibility and provide the best suitable option for enhancing suitability.
Skills and Qualifications
- HND / B.Sc in Electrical Electronics Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years proven work experience in Renewable Energy Industry
- Attention to Detail
- Excellent Electronics troubleshooting and resolution
- Must possess skills in AutoCAD, PVSyst, and/or HOMER and SketchUp.
Deadline: 14th February, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.