The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
In collaboration with a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), the American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking for prospective candidate for the project funded by UNHCR (Livelihoods Project). The position is local position and are open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Training Officer
Location: Bama Centre-Maiduguri, Borno State
Department: Atiku Center – Programs.
Duration: 1 (One) Year
Employment Status: Full Time (Project)
- Provide information to beneficiaries about livelihood and business development opportunities.
- Ensure beneficiaries are screened, selected and verified through use of developed targeting criteria in operational areas.
- Provide livelihood guidance, on an individual or group basis, to increase beneficiaries’ awareness of different business options based on market assessment and beneficiary interests.
- Submit weekly reports and contribute to compilation of the monthly report and submit to the Supervisor.
- Organize small business training and business planning activities with beneficiaries
- Provide information to beneficiaries on skills trainings, market opportunities, and small enterprise creation.
- Assist beneficiaries in the establishment of home gardens/poultry production and continued support throughout the project timeframe.
- Facilitate the implementation of Cash Transfer programmes and funds for Work
- Support in trainings of PoCs and other events related to the project.
- Establish linkages to adult learning institutions and refer beneficiaries to selected courses.
- Provide administrative support if required.
- 1-2 years working experience, in the field of business and/or livelihood programs is required.
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills
- Previous working experience with humanitarian agencies
- Experience working with displaced populations.
- Experience with case management protocols desirable
- Must be flexible and be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good supervision skills and report writing.
- University degree or advanced training/ course in Business Administration, Sociology, Social Work, International Affairs, Humanitarian or related field
- Experience in Livelihood Programming and trainings.
- An understanding of humanitarian/civil society issues in the country and the region.
- Willingness and ability to travel to field locations regularly and sometimes on short notice
Description of Benefits
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the Project.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and References on a single file to: firstname.lastname@example.org in a MS Word document or PDF file. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 24th February, 2020.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.