Excellent Minds Initiative is a charitable organisation dedicated to the youth and the vulnerable. Excellent Minds Initiative is a non-profit, non-governmental and a non-partisan organisation committed to instilling and growing excellence in young minds through relevant contributions to educational development agenda with a view to raising credible future leaders with the urgency of purpose and integrity.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: EMI Campus Ambassador
- Join the generation that acts as catalysts for social change in Nigerian Universities.
- Are you an exceptional young person who is passionate about being involved in programmes that build capacities of young people around education, sustainable development and leadership?
- Do you dream of a world in which all people are able to realise their dreams? Do you want to live a life that can be emulated as an ideal Nigerian youth?
- Do you want to lead a transformational change in your University and local community? If yes, the EMI Campus Ambassador Programme may be perfect for you!
How Does It Work?
- As a potential ambassador, you will be expected to fill some relevant personal information and answer some questions.
- The EMI Campus Ambassador Programme will provide an exciting opportunity for Nigerian University students to be part of our dynamic youth team.
- Our Campus Ambassadors are passionate about the EMI vision and values; and constantly seek to identify innovative ways to build a more inclusive, empathetic and fair society through sustainable and action-oriented youth led projects and initiatives.
- You must be passionate about leading transformational change and people development
- Enrolled in a full-time undergraduate (200 level and above) programme
- Willing to dedicate 2-3 hours every week
- Willing to learn about EMI programmes
- Involved with student organisations and programmes
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Able to plan events and manage a budget
- Leadership and organisational skills
- Problem Solving
- Learn about the innovative programs of EMI and grow the EMI community
- Plan and host fun and inspiring events on your campus in line with the EMI objectives
- Create innovative ways to establish and manage the EMI volunteering platform on your campus
- Acts as a campus contact for EMI team
- Build a connected, fun and engaged social innovation community on your campus
- Build relationships on campus with faculty and students group
- Spread information about EMI competitions, scholarships, conferences and other events
- Complete communication and report tasks associated with the Campus Ambassador role
As an EMI Campus Ambassador, you will:
- Receive a bunch of cool rewards and recognition opportunities
- Receive an invitation to a one-day induction exercise to further understand your roles, responsibilities and the expectations. Conveyance allowance shall be provided to successful students to compensate for travel
- Get your own EMI SWAG
- Enhance your professional development, leadership and communication skills
- Access to a unique network of EMI Ambassadors across Nigerian Universities
- Add the EMI Campus Ambassador Programme experience to your resume
- Meet with inspiring people whilst also receiving a special package of training, mentoring and professional networking
- Attend EMI special events as an EMI Campus Ambassador
- Breakfast and lunch will be provided at the induction ceremony.
- One academic year (September-May)
- Two major events per year
Deadline: 30th April, 2020.
From 17th March to 30th April, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
For further enquiries, please contact:
0813 163 5132, 0706 536 7386
Note: Shortlisted students will be invited for a phone or skype interview by mid May 2020 and accepted students will be informed 2 weeks after the interview.