International SOS is the world’s leading provider of Medical and Security services. Our global services include medical and risk planning, preventative programs, in-country expertise and emergency response for travellers, expatriates and their dependents.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager, Chinese Accounts, West Africa (Mandarin Speaking)
Overall Purpose of the Job
- To achieve and exceed revenue and gross profit targets by sourcing new business and developing existing Chinese clients in Africa, through face to face consultative selling and identification & targeting of new business prospects.
- Also identifying Chinese based clients operating outbound across the African markets and working cross border with other AMs and BDMs globally, especially China, to secure business acquisition.
- Develop a sound understanding of the relevant market segments and identify key prospects and customer segments to promote the entire range of Intl SOS services and explore needs of these segments for potential new products/services.
- Develop new customer prospecting plan which focuses on closing new sales with an aim to exceed budgeted targets.
- Provide top level account management for existing clients and focus on relationship building to increase the profitability of each client through relationship marketing and cross selling.
- Create key account plans in order to maximize client penetration across geographical and functional departments.
- Lead the development of all aspects of the Chinese agenda in conjunction with the Chinese Account Manager and Client Services, including defining the capabilities, organizational structure, roles and responsibilities and performance targets.
- Educated to degree level.
- Ability to communicate in English, French and Mandarin fluently (oral and written).
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- A strong hunter and closer mind-set.
- Can work autonomously as well as within a team to deliver results.
- A natural networker with the ability to effectively up sell to existing clients in addition to establishing a dynamic pipeline of new client prospects.
- Strong solution selling skills and well developed influencing and negotiating skills with the ability to motivate and influence internal and external clients to commit to buy.
- Strategic thinking and planning skills with the experience to develop solutions by adopting a consultative sales approach.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to successfully manage numerous projects / opportunities simultaneously.
- Project management exposure.
- Strong cultural awareness and ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment as part of a matrix organisation.
Required Work Experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within a sales or business development role.
- Proven experience in solution selling, gross margin responsibilities, business-to-business environment and/or service sectors in a long sales cycle environment.
- Must have proven experience of a “hunter” in developing new clients and exemplary level of customer care and focus in account management to drive extension business.
- Work experience or demonstrated knowledge of the Oil &Gas, Mining, Power generating Infrastructure Verticals is of great advantage.
- Overseas work experience (outside of China) is another definite advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online