Romanspage Global – Our client is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Financial Officer
Location: Ojodu, Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full Time
- Our client is currently looking to hire a CFO that would redesign their financial department and set it on the right path of growth.
- Managing the financial reporting for the organisation. This includes monthly financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting, financial plans and all statutory financial reporting
- Managing and overseeing the taxation affairs of the organisation and liaising with tax regulatory bodies accordingly.
- Ensures that there is consistency in procedures and policies across the accounting department and that these policies are appropriately set for the achievement of the business’s overall goals and objectives.
- Work with departmental heads across the business in supporting their financial activities, guiding them through the financial process, and interpreting the progress, implications of financial outcomes.
- Collaborates with external partners such as tax accounting firm personnel, auditors, and in all matter regarding auditing and taxation.
- Supervises end-of-period processes and supports the analysis of periodical business performance, budgets, and forecasts.
- Preparation and monitoring the business’s annual budgets and liaises with external auditors to drive ad hoc projects that will improve process efficiency.
- Make recommendations for systems improvements across the finance department and oversees the implementation of approved changes across the department upon approval.
- Managing and overseeing the cash flow of the company and ensuring it has the appropriate treasury controls
- Managing the External Auditor relationship and ensuring the organisation is compliant with accounting and auditing standards
- Managing and overseeing the company’s financial systems
- Overseeing Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Tax, Treasury, Payroll, Financial and Management Accounting functions.
- Risk management implementation and monitoring to ensure the business has a solid risk framework in place
- Advising and implementing best practice methods to increase revenue and reduce costs
- Managing and tracking budget and accounting information including billing, collections, and tax information
- Leads compliance with the business’s internal corporate framework policies and finance manuals.
- Meet accounting financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- HND / B.Sc in Accounting, Finance and other
- M.Sc Degree / MBA would be an added advantage
- Must be ICAN or CFA certified
- 7-10 years’ account related experience
- A minimum of 3 years as Senior Accountant or CFO
- Good understanding and implementation of IFRS
- Must have been part of an audit team for ISO certification
- Sound decision-making skills based on accurate and timely analyses
- Must be familiar with at least two accounting package.
- Understanding and knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- Results oriented and metrics driven
- Exceptional time management and able to solve problems
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and leadership skills, with the ability to communicate and manage staff at all levels
- Ability to lead by example and demonstrate a strong sense of integrity, ethics and dependability
- Professional written and oral communication skills
- Confident to present results to an audience
- Strategic thinking, planning and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to collaborate with upper management to organize, plan and achieve company financial goals.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online