SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Control Room Technician (M/F)
Reference number: 2019-13873
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Contract: Fixed-term contract
Contractual hours: Full time
Contract duration: 2 years
Project: Power Turbines
- In order to monitor and maintain the operations of power turbines, the Control Room Technician is responsible for tracking and recording the status of the operational system using applicable journals and control system tools.
- From the control room, monitor all power turbines operations on screens and computers.
- Watch closely to identify any abnormal operating and equipment conditions.
- Troubleshoots and repairs the electrical and mechanical equipment to get everything back on track to minimize safety risks and economic losses.
- Identify and recommend changes to improve overall plant reliability, performance and output
- Extensive experience as a Control Room Technician in energy/Oil and gas industry Reading and understanding mechanical plans and specifications
- Strong aptitude in math; ability to use addition, subtraction, multiplication and division to perform flow, pressure, performance and meter calculations
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Study specialisation: F-Engineering, manufacturing, construction
- Minimum level of experience required: 6 years or more
- Languages: English (E-Native or bilingual proficiency)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online