Tetra Tech International Development is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, program management, construction management, and technical services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. With 16,000 associates worldwide, Tetra Tech’s capabilities span the entire project life cycle.
We are recruiting to fill the position below for our LINKS and UKNIAF projects in Nigeria:
Job Title: Driver
Locations: Abuja, Kaduna, Kano
This is a full-time position that provides support by performing the following tasks:
- Completing and submitting the vehicle checklist daily to the supervisor;
- Accompanying the car during servicing to ensure that work is carried out as agreed;
- Being courteous to passengers while ensuring that everyone complies with the safety on board rules, e.g. seatbelts always fastened, etc.)
- Obeying traffic signals, speed limits and rules of the road;
- Reporting all unauthorized roadside stops to supervisors;
- Conducting safe and professional driving of project vehicles to and from authorized locations;
- Reporting damage and shortcomings as soon as it is noticed;
- Keeping the interior and exterior of the vehicles clean at all times;
- Completing the vehicle logbook daily, promptly and accurately, with the mileage numbers, client information, movements and fuel details;
- Adhering to all transport and safety policies;
- Following logistics directions for all road movements;
- Delivering and/or picking up mails/parcels as instructed; and
- Other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- A first degree, or Diploma (HND)
- 5 years of driving experience in a large international company or DFID-funded program
- Recent and successful completing of first-aid certification program (in the last 18 months)
- Recent defensive drivers training will be an advantage (in the last 18 months)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the road networks of the state for which you are applying
- Knowledge of the Nigerian Road Signs
- Knowledge of speed limits in Nigeria
- Knowledge of the rule and regulations involved in safe driving
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to read and write English and preform simple mathematical calculations;
- We are staffing multiple positions in Kaduna, Kano and Abuja. You are required to specify which state you are applying for. Out of hours work will be required from time to time.
Deadline: 5th March, 2020, 1600hrs WAT
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application package to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please note “Office Driver, Abuja or Kaduna or Kano” in the subject line. You must specify which location you are applying for in the subject line. If you are applying for multiple locations, please indicate those locations in the subject line. If you have no preference, please note ‘Office Driver, No Preference’ in the subject line.
Your application package should include:
- A cover letter detailing how you meet the Education and Experience qualifications; please include photocopies of educational and other related certificates;
- Your CV; and
- Contact details for three recent work-related referees.
Note: Applications received after the said closing date and time will not be considered.