Farm Innovation Nigeria Limited was birthed to develop innovative solutions that see farmers improve their processes, increase their yield and subsequently increase their income. We provide a range of services including Research, Agribusiness development, E-extension services and Agric value chain development.
As an organization, our mission is to change the African agricultural narrative by building successful Agri-preneurs through increased access to information, markets, resources and affordable Agtech products. Our vision is to be Africa’s foremost hub and catalyst for Agricultural technology innovations.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Full-Stack Developer
Employment Type: Short Term Contract that will last for the duration of 30 working days.
- We are looking for a Full-stack Web Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users.
- Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
- You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built into the application.
Skills and Qualifications
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors, such as LESS and SASS
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting
- Setup and administration of backups
- Outputting data in different formats
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient in the integration of third-party APIs
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Proficient understanding of OWASP security principles
- Understanding of “session management” in a distributed server environment
- Experience with Node.js, feathers.js or Express.Js
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science or any other relevant subject.
- Develop new-user facing features.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end.
- Restrict access based on user role
- Review and improve interface
- Integrate APIs on the web platform.
- Review codebase and ensure it is modular and extendible
- Assist in implementing a database structure that affords generating required analytics on data
- Assist in developing robust dashboards for all user roles
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
Deadline: 20th March, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Application to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Please include links to your Portfolio.