General Manager Job in a New FM Radio Station
An upcoming FM, a new radio station that will soon go live in Yola, giving the youth – who are its main target relevant, impactful content in Hausa and Fulfulde. This new FM radio will offer the people of Adamawa, real-time information and voice for all through authentic narratives on radio and digital platforms. The station aims to dominate the airwaves and become the market leader in the state. It will also serve as a crucial lifeline to the people by offering critical, empowering and highly creative content.
We are looking for a thorough professional and an effective leader to inspire colleagues to deliver THE STATION’S goals, objectives, and vision for the vacant position below:
Job Title: General Manager
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Job Category: Media / Broadcast Journalism
Station: New FM Radio
- Being the Chief Operating Officer of the station, the General Manager has overall responsibility for all output on all platforms, ensuring that it is creative and editorially sound.
- Other responsibilities include managing the station’s budget and ensuring compliance with the NBC Code.
- The General Manager is also to develop and implement an effective marketing strategy.
- Experience of professional broadcast journalism practice in Nigeria
- Knowledge of written/spoken Hausa, Fulfulde and English
- Knowledge of Adamawa’s politics, culture, history, and geography
- Wide-ranging contacts in Adamawa and other parts of Nigeria
- Sound editorial judgment
- Familiarity with media law and relevant by-laws that may affect THE STATION’S operation
- Team management experience
- Knowledge of the Nigerian Media Market in terms of opportunities and challenges
- Familiarity with adapting radio content for digital and also the use of digital platforms for cross-promotion
- Ability to come up with creative revenue-generating ideas
- Serving as a role model and leading by example, the ideal candidate should be able to create an atmosphere that allows the free flow of ideas and creativity.
- He or she should be able to spot and nurture talent whilst keeping an eye on opportunities for revenue generation.
- We also expect the successful candidate to be able to motivate colleagues to achieve higher goals.
- Also important is the ability to tackle poor performance and also give feedback in a way that inspires.
Deadline: 6th April, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the “Job Title” as the subject of your mail.