Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR / FIN Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Report to: Deputy Head of Mission
Report to (functional): HR Coordinator & Finance Coordinator
Supervises: HR / Fin Assistant
Working Hours: 48 hours per week
Contract Duration: 6 months
- The Admin Manager of Maiduguri base is responsible for the implementation of Human Resources policies in Maiduguri and the correct Administrative Management of all staff working in the projects (National, International, etc.), along with the follow-up of the correct use of financial resources in the project.
- He/she will also give support as much as possible to the projects with regards to movement, follow-up and resources.
- Advises Project Coordinators and Deputy Head of Mission on set up (organogram chart) and together with the HR Coordinator, update the project’s organizational chart and job descriptions
- In close collaboration with the Deputy Head of Mission and HRCo, applies the administrative procedures part of any Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in force between local partners (eg. Ministry of Health, designated hotels for staff accommodation, UMTH for patient referral and care, etc.) and MSF.
- Ensures that all IS arriving in Maiduguri are duly briefed on the housekeeping, accommodation, food pot management and check in timings for both field and Abuja flights.
- In close collaboration with the Deputy Head of Mission and HRCo, looks for the best options to avoid and/or solve possible labour conflicts in the project.
- Ensures all staff in the Maiduguri base and for all the projects (National, International, Regional, visits, etc.) is properly briefed and/or inducted.
- Is responsible for all movements and/or accommodation of staff in the Maiduguri base and will help the other admins to organise the movements of all the mission staff. works in close collaboration with UNHAS to assure the efficiency of these movements plans and implementation
- Implements circuits and workflows (supervises management of cash boxes, transfers, advances, purchase procedures, payment validations, follow-up of regular payments, bank conciliation) in order to anticipate expenses at project level and to optimize cash needs and its security.
- In close coordination with the Project Coordinators, Deputy Head of Mission and the HR Coordinator, calculates the HR operational needs and the associated budget in order to efficiently ensure the required sizing and capabilities of the mission and to facilitate budget following-up.
- Supervises/performs payroll procedures, ensuring that all data related to monthly salary calculation of national employees of the support base are correctly entered in Homere (days off, unpaid leaves, sick leaves, overtime, salary advance, etc.), in order to ensure on time and accurate salary payments.
- Plans and supervises, in close coordination with the HRCO, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
- Together with the Deputy Head of Mission, supports the line managers in implementing the internal communication policies in order to boost staff active participation and MSF commitment.
- Implements and supervises transactional procedures and systems in order to ensure transparent accounting practices and full documentary traceability (invoices, receipts, bank statements, etc.), following MSF guidelines and rules, and using the respective software in place.
- Ensures that monthly accountancy closure is taking place and controlled, with due quality and on due time.
- In close collaboration with the Deputy Head of Mission and the Finance Coordinator, analyses and follows up the project budget, in order to ensure that funds are used according to funding contracts and to proposing corrective action.
- Ensures all HR, Administrative and Financial reporting of Maiduguri Base (Homère and FFC monthly closure, sitreps, etc.)
- Supports where applicable, the admins in the field, especially those from Gwoza and Pulka, as much as possible.
- Desirable, degree in Finance, Management (Business, HR) or Administration.
- Essential, working experience of at least two years in relevant and similar jobs.
- Desirable working experience with MSF or other NGOs, in developing countries.
- Essential mission language: English and Hausa.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
- Desirable HR and Financial MSF software (Homère, FFC, SAGA)
- People Management and Development L2, Commitment to MSF Principles L2, Behavioural Flexibility L3, Results and Quality Orientation L3, Teamwork and Cooperation L3.
NGN 5,973,591 (Annual basic salary +13th month) As per the MSF salary scale (National contract)
Deadline: 26th March, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, Motivation Letter, copies of Credentials, and NYSC Certificate (only PDF or Word) by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org In the subject please to put the position and the reference for while you are applying.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted
- Applications are non-returnable. Do not submit original certificates or credentials.
- MSF Encourages Women and People with Disability Status to Apply.