Erisco Foods Limited is a leading manufacturer of Tomato paste and other made in Nigeria drinks and food products and the 4th largest tomato paste producing company in the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Analyst (Female)
Benefits Administration (Compensation and benefits administration and record keeping):
- The job holder administers various programs related to employee benefits like pension plans, plans related to pension / retirement plans, general health insurance plans, and life insurance, disability and accident benefits to employees
- Producing summarized paperwork for monthly salary reviews and sign offs
- Prepare and vet all individual contracts that requires the signings of management ensuring they align with the company – wide compensation structure
- Manages the provision of Medical Insurance, Company’s pension contributions and staff trust or share options
- Conduct an evaluation or benchmarking of the company’s compensation programs against competitors and within the industry and the review of all the varieties of benefit program evaluating their impact and motivating results
Salary and Benefit Surveys:
- Assists in the preparation and development of the annual budget with the Human Resource Manager as requested, directed and/or required.
- Create alternative and improved welfare programs that will enhance the motivation of our employees.
Policy and Process Review / HRIS Administration:
- Helps with the implementation of HR services, policies, and programs
- Assists company managers with HR issues.
- Responsible for the update of HR Policies and procedures, make recommendations for reviews and ensure changes when required and documents such changes
- Administration of Human Resource Information Systems
- Responsible for the preparation and processing of biweekly and monthly payroll for casual and regular employees;
- Ensure integrity of data on payroll consequently has to update and upgrade the records time to time.
- Review and ensure accuracy of approved timesheets; track and deduct all garnishments and other special payroll deductions
- Responsible for the coordination efforts between human resources, audit, finance and other departments to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data (including preparation / distribution of detailed reports, e.g. overtime, leave balances, head count, and pension and tax reports)
- Handle the administration of the electronic timekeeping system. Setup each employee, monitor submissions of approved timesheets, ensure valid data transfers to / from payroll.
- Keeping track of all staff attendance and absenteeism records ( Casual and regular staff)
- Maintain new employee and disengaged employee database records
- Manages all special deductions from staff salaries e.g., Pension, Loans, cooperative or asset deductions, etc.
- Prepares and maintains all necessary payroll reports including all monthly, quarterly, and yearly
- Responsible for the monthly tracking of all compensation systems; incentives, payroll, car grant payouts, pension and tax remittances.
- Investigating payroll & pensions enquiries, providing assistance & advice as required.
- Maintain confidentiality with the payroll documents and all related data
- Establish / maintain employee records; ensure that employee changes are entered correctly and made on a timely basis; review changes for proper authorization and adherence to all company policy including compliance with government regulations
- Responsible for keeping track of vacation time, personal leave and sick days for each employee
- Communicate with supervisors, peers and subordinates by telephone, e-mail, in written form and in person to verify attendance, hours worked, transfers, pay raises, payroll discrepancies etc
HR Project Management:
- Be a lead participant of all HR projects of the department / division
- Provide representation for assigned company – wide HR adhoc groups or projects
- Establish a network of relationships with the employees and ensure that this improves efficiency across the businesses
- Setup on behalf of the HR Manager career counseling sessions with employees and to encourage them and assist in enhancing their effective performance to the objectives of the company
- Create and advise the HR Manager on motivational programs that will improve initiatives and ingenuities across the business
- Maintains Employee Handbook with updated resolutions and other pertinent information, as needed
- Maintains personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
- Keeps employee records up-to-date by processing employee status changes in timely fashion.
- Processes personnel action forms and assures proper approvals; disseminates approved forms. .
- Prepares paperwork required to place employee on payroll and establishes personnel file.
- Keeps employee records up-to-date by processing employee status changes in timely fashion
- Ensure only credible employees are recruited any given time
- Assists in hiring process by coordinating job posting on Web site, reviewing resumes, performing telephone interviews and reference checks
- Manage the resume database; classification, updating.
Disciplinary and Grievance Management:
- Ensure the compliance of employees to the business rules and the company policies and the statutes listed in the staff handbook
- Coordinate all disciplinary activities in the company, ensuring compliance to laid down procedures and proper documentation.
- Escalate to HR Manager all employees complaints about management’s actions, company’s processes or against any individual in the company
- Ensure adequate compliance to all company policies, internal control processes and approved processes
Skills and Requirements
Functional Competencies / Requirements:
- Familiar with the FMCG Industry Trends
- Cost Management
- Process Management, Knowledge and Application
- Excellent skills using MS Word, Excel, Access, and Internet Explorer
- Strong skills using and understanding the flow of transactions in an integrated and automated payroll system
- Good understanding of the country’s specific Labor laws
General Management Competencies / Requirements:
- Strong Analytical skills
- Strong Oral and written Communication skills
- Strong Interpersonal negotiation Skills
- Strong Negotiation Skills
Desired Personal Attributes:
- Proactive self-starter
- Creative Imagination
- Highly organized and significant ability to plan, schedule,prioritize, multi-task effectively and meet deadlines
- Ability to cope with and work under pressure
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion
- Excellent problem solving / judgment skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
Educational Qualifications and Experience
- First Degree in a Business / Numerate discipline required.
- Preferably female. Must be one of credible track record.
- 4 years quality experience in HR within a reputable manufacturing organization.
- Strong knowledge of the Nigeria Labour Law.
Deadline: 30th April, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and Resume as one attachment in MS Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the “Position title” as subject of the email.