Panagora Group, a woman-owned, small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Director of Learning, Knowledge Management and Strategic Communications
Job Opening ID: 354
Location: Abuja, FCT
Project / Activity: Global Health Supply Chain (GHSC)-Procurement and Supply Management (PSM)
- The Director, Learning, Knowledge Management and Strategic Communication (LKMSC) will oversee and champion the development of systemic learning, data collection, knowledge sharing, collaborative, and outcome-driven performance culture so pertinent information and experiences are shared internally, and with clients, partners, and stakeholders.
- S/he works closely with the Director, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) and the M&E team to improve data utility to inform planning, and organization-wide learning, and to design, harness, synthesize and communicate key performance and outcome level results and lessons to different partners and stakeholders.
- She/he works with the Country Director, Deputy Country Director Technical, Deputy Country Director Program Operations, Deputy Country Director Operations and Compliance, departments and field offices to lead the identification, analysis, packaging, stewardship, and dissemination of knowledge that GHSC-PSM employs to improve program, technical and operational effectiveness and efficiency.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and provide strategic direction of project learning, knowledge management, research, and strategic communication inputs
- Lead strategic coordination, review and analysis of key program deliverables including quarterly and annual reports for submission to USAID; ensuring timeliness, completeness and content quality. Ensure that the project effectively and consistently reports on progress towards project outcomes.
- Facilitate the processes and development of a range of products that will ensure GHSC-PSM brings program best practices and learnings to the attention of policymakers, program design teams and implementers at the state, regional, national, and global levels
- Proactively plan and work with all units to implement holistic documentation (including evidence gathering) of the current phase of the program; Lead the development of the end-of-program report and dissemination;
- Support the cross-fertilization and cross-learning of knowledge, and information among national, regional and state teams;
- Actively contribute to developing GHSC-PSM overall learning and adaptive management systems, facilitating reflection sessions to explore and refine the project theory of change
- Build the capacity of national, regional and state teams to assess and address gaps in learning, knowledge management and strategic communication practices, needs and potentials
- Work closely with the Deputy Country Director Program Operations to support the States through the Logistics Management Coordinating Units (LMCUs)
- Employ adaptive management techniques in response to project monitoring data to ensure responsive implementation
- Lead the LKM&SC team in establishing, managing, and updating the GHSC-PSM information and knowledge clearinghouse, and build the capacity national, regional and state teams on its effective use.
- Work with the M&E Director, M&E team, and across GHSC-PSM to identify, harness and use tools, reports, dashboards, datasets, and databases; and use findings in managing and communicating priorities to executive management for decisions on planning and resource allocation
- Develop, update, and track implementation of the LKM&SC strategy, performance monitoring dashboard, and annual framework;
- Identify the best KM practices and leverage existing technology and skill set to create new systems and project intelligence forums
- Work with the Digital Transformation Director and team, to provide feedback to workflow schematics, including technical cross-platform schematics; knowledge sharing platforms (including SharePoint) and identify bottlenecks in technology adoption and provide evidence of resolving these problems.
- Master’s degree with 12 years of experience working in International Development, Public Administration, information systems, and/or knowledge management/strategy.
- Supervisory experience is strongly preferred. Knowledgeable in SharePoint.
- Successful organizational institutionalization of information management solutions across multiple office locations.
- Prior success in supporting multiple departments in maximizing utility of existing systems and information.
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in leading LKM&SC initiatives for development and especially health programs
- Experience designing and implementing knowledge management promotion techniques, such as relationship management, goals & measurements, knowledge-sharing rewards, training, user surveys, communications
- Demonstrated international experience in rigorous quantitative research and analytical methods and experience in qualitative research, with a strong understanding of M&E issues
- Proven experience in research/study design and implementation, including design and data analysis of quantitative and qualitative studies and rapid appraisals
- Excellent report writing, analytical, and communication skills across a variety of media
- Excellent media engagement experience and robust media social network
- Experience facilitating strategic meetings including reflection meetings and tracking deliverables
- Proven track record in knowledge management and the dissemination of research findings
- Experience developing knowledge asset acquisition and classification process and tools, such as enterprise taxonomy models, knowledge mapping, after-action reviews, lessons learned, and innovation & idea-generation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and with others and developing research-informed strategies, metrics and systems for performance measurement and monitoring
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- The Director LKM&SC will report directly to the Country Director.
- The Director LKM&SC will supervise the Learning and Knowledge Visualization Specialist, Manager, Learning & Strategic Communication, Manager, Learning and Knowledge Management, Manager Learning and Knowledge Analytics, and Manager Knowledge Archival, Retrieval and Technical Reporting.
- This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Abuja, Nigeria.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Job Title: Learning, Knowledge Management and Strategic Communications Officer
Job Opening ID: 353
Locations: Akwa Ibom, Lagos, Sokoto
Job Type: Full time
Project/Activity: Global Health Supply Chain (GHSC)-Procurement and Supply Management (PSM)
The USAID Global Health Supply Chain-Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project collaborates with governments and non-governmental agencies to ensure the uninterrupted supply of health commodities in support of United States Government-funded public health initiatives in Nigeria. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and Population and Reproductive Health. For more information about GHSC-PSM, please see https://www.ghsupplychain.org/ .
Panagora Group, a woman-owned, small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development, provides long- and short-term professional labor to support strategic engagement, advocacy, and knowledge management and communications (KMC) activities through strategic planning, implementation, and capacity building for the
Nigeria country office.
- The Knowledge Management and Strategic Communications State Officer will support implementation of the Learning, Knowledge Management, and Strategic Communications (LKM&SC) Strategy in assigned regions (comprising several states) in Nigeria.
- The Officer will report to an assigned LKM&SC Manager based in Abuja on technical matters, and the Regional Manager in the assigned location on coordination and administrative matters.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for knowledge capture, management, and sharing to support implementation of the GHSC-PSM strategic KMC plan for assigned regions.
- Work closely with state and local government officials to keep them informed of GHSC-PSM Nigeria and ensure information, lessons learned, best practices, and other knowledge flows properly.
- Coordinate with KMC focal persons and senior managers at the regions to promote and ensure internal and external communications processes, protocols, and needs are met.
- Report KMC activities and regional requests to the KMC Manager to support administrative and strategic reporting and knowledge sharing needs and priorities.
- Organize and maintain knowledge management resources such as trackers, tools, templates, visual assets (including photographs, video, icons, illustrations, and information graphics) on an approved shared platform and ensure staff know how to access and utilize these resources.
- Plan and facilitate workshops and learning activities such as brown bags and learn bites to increase stakeholders awareness and use of information to support data-driven decision making, project learning, and adaptive management.
- Participate in face-to-face meetings, conference calls, and other relationship management activities with project partners and stakeholders to facilitate knowledge capture, analysis, sharing, and learning.
- Develop innovative ways to share project learning such as creating newsletters, posters, factsheets, and briefs and hosting share fairs, marketplaces, world cafes, webinars, peer learning sessions.
- Cultivate relationships and collaborate with State and regional partner organizations in their knowledge contributions to GHSC-PSM.
- Promote and facilitate partner engagement in country-level, project-level, and global communities of practice.
- Support development of a country-level learning agenda.
- Carry out additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Knowledge Management, Public Health, International Development or related field.
- Minimum of five years of experience KMC; experience working in the supply chain, public health, and/or USAID-funded projects strongly preferred.
- Thorough understanding of KMC theory and practice; experience with and understanding of USAID’s collaborating, learning, and adapting principles and practices strongly preferred.
- Excellent command of the English language (verbal and written) with a proven ability to communicate complex information for non-experts (writing samples will be requested).
- Experience facilitating formal and informal learning events, including brown bags, learn bites, workshops, and trainings to socialize, support, and sustain knowledge management activities.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, with the proven ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle numerous projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and in teams in a multi-cultural context.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with all levels of GHSC-PSM staff, partners, and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrate good judgment, leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Excellent computer skills in software including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Adobe Photoshop and/or other graphics programs, and webinar platforms (e.g., Adobe Connect, WebEx, Skype for Business).
Level of Effort and Location:
- Panagora is recruiting three LKM&SC State Officers. These long-term positions will be based in Akwa-Ibom, Lagos, and Sokoto states, with intermittent travel throughout the program’s target regions as needed.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online