Apata & Ascott Limited – We are a human resource consulting firm that is focused on delivering business value to organizations. We help organizations achieve their objectives by developing and executing strategies and policies that are aligned with business plans and a focus on best practices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Showroom Manager
- We are recruiting for one of our clients to fill the role of Assistant Showroom Manager to assist the Showroom Manager in the day to day operations including planning, administration and general management issues, which include supervision of sales staff, marketing and merchandizing, logistics, inventory and warehouse operations, to ensure that the highest levels of customer service are given at all times.
- Involve in the selection until the delivery of the orders from the Suppliers
- Plans and monitors the storage, delivery and dispatch of orders
- Oversees stock control and processing orders
- Involve in business development activities such as research, feasibility studies, project presentation, etc.
- Represents the company in trade fairs, regional meetings, business meetings with suppliers, auditors, banks and franchisors.
- Maintaining the brand image to the highest standards
- To ensure that the showroom and all displays are neat and tidy at all times
- To ensure that all window displays are executed on time
- Responsibility for display of all marketing items
- To ensure that customers are extended the highest levels of customer service at all times.
- To deal promptly with Customer complaints
- Assists in responding to and dealing with customer communication by email, fax and telephone
- To assist the Showroom Manager in ensuring that sales targets are achieved, if not exceeded.
- To maximize sales opportunities
- Ensures quality, delivery budget and environmental objectives are met
- Keeping stock control systems up to date and involve in annual stock taking
- Plans future capacity requirements and oversees various inventory items to determine what is selling, what is not selling and which ones are selling out and need to be re-ordered.
- Determine if a certain manufacturer gets frequent complaints, thus warranting a switch to a similar provider.
- To assist in the review systems on an ongoing basis to improve efficiency and service levels
- Liaise with trades persons as and when required.
- Submits regular reports and on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Maintaining standards of health and safety, hygiene and security in the work environment, for example, ensuring that stock such as chemicals and food are stored safely
- Assists in implementing internal controls relating to financial and retails operations, and reviews and recommends revisions and improvements, as needed.
- To assist with the financial reporting, budget and sales forecasting
- Involve in the preparation of all costing for retail items
- Highly organized and able to work in a busy retail environment
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- HND or Bachelors’ Degree in any related field
- Minimum of 3 years of directly related job experience managing the daily showroom operations with a thorough understanding of sales, inventory and warehousing, logistics, marketing, and customer relations with very high customer service standard
- Analytical thinker with strong numerical abilities
- Creative Innovator – committed to constant improvement
- Determination and drive for results
- Diligent and conscientious
- Team player/commitment to group goals
- Honest and trustworthy
- Ability to work in a high paced environment and to multitask
- Exceptional communicator both written and verbal
- Proven sales and customer satisfaction record
- Familiarity with local and international market
Job Title: Site Supervisor
- To be successful as a Site Supervisor, you should be detail-oriented and knowledgeable of building codes and construction safety regulations. Ultimately, an outstanding Site Supervisor should be able to interpret building plans as well as demonstrate exceptional leadership, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- We are looking to employ a dedicated and experienced Site Supervisor for one of our clients to oversee construction projects and supervise the construction team. The Site Supervisor’s responsibilities include ordering building supplies, scheduling equipment maintenance as needed, and training new construction employees. You should also be able to perform first aid in emergencies.
- Working knowledge of construction tools and equipment.
- The ability to interpret blueprints.
- Outstanding leadership skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Construction Science, Civil Engineering or related field is preferred.
- Proven experience working as a Site Supervisor.
- CPR and first aid certifications.
- Sound knowledge of building codes and construction safety regulations.
- Maintaining an accurate record of construction employee attendance.
- Evaluating the performance of construction employees and instituting disciplinary measures as needed.
- Analyzing blueprints to ensure that construction projects meet design, safety, and budget specifications.
- Recommending changes to construction operations or procedures to increase efficiency.
- Inspecting construction sites regularly to identify and eliminate potential safety hazards.
- Supervising and instructing the construction team as well as subcontractors.
- Educating site workers on construction safety regulations and accident protocol.
- Enforcing site safety rules to minimize work-related accidents and injuries.
- Handling site accidents in accordance with established accident protocol.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the ”Job Title” as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 5th March, 2020.