An Independent Company with significant interest in the Oil and Gas Industry and seeks to engage experienced, intelligent and self-motivated individuals to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, G & G
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Geology / Geophysics (with minimum of second class upper). A Master’s degree in any of these disciplines will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of Fifteen (15) years of relevant experience in an upstream Company is required for this position.
- Candidate must be proficient in the use of Geoscience software such as Landmark and Petrel environment with ability to evaluate geological and geophysical interpretation using well logs, production and reservoir data to construct geological/reservoir models.
- The candidate must be proficient in the use of Geosciences Software particularly in landmark and petrel environments and with vast knowledge of production geoscience.
- Must be a good team player with strong interpersonal skills, able to work under pressure and ready to travel at very short notice.
- Key accountabilities would be to deliver geological and geophysical elements of appraisal & field development projects such as exploration / appraisal / development wells, creating and updating an existing reservoir model, which are well scoped and can deliver long term development scenarios.
- Integration of logs & production date, seismic data, static & dynamic models to identify bypass pay, upside potential. work over and drilling candidates.
- Proficient in geological evaluation, geophysical interpretation, petrophysical interpretation, innovative mapping using wells, seismic, production and reservoir data experience to construct geological/reservoir models etc.
- Provide expertise related to field development plan, reserves assessment, asset acquisition, exploration, appraisal and development strategies.
- Collaborate with exploration geoscientists to ensure all relevant geological and geophysical data is incorporated into field development plans and the execution of field development drilling programs.
- Collaboration with reservoir, drilling & facility engineers in order to – orchestrate subsurface dynamics with facility upgrade or constraints.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with reservoir, drilling and facilities engineers to orchestrate subsurface dynamics facility upgrade or constraints.
Job Title: General Manager, Drilling
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, organize, coordinate and manage the overall implementation of Company’s drilling and well completion operations.
- Provide technical expertise to troubleshoot major drilling and completion problems.
- Provide continuous drilling rigs forward activities forecast and requirements as related to drilling and well completions.
- Manage Company’s HSE policy and procedure for drilling and well completions.
- Responsible for directing the execution of appropriate procedures for well drilling projects.
- Must be capable of applying operational, engineering and management principles to resolve problems and optimize drilling, completion, work-over, supply chain, logistics, planning and scheduling activities.
- Provide immediate and effective solutions for operational continuity, equipment malfunctions and other onsite problems.
- Must have experience in field development plans, execution and management.
- Liaise with project partners, such as geologists and drilling contractors etc, in order to keep up-to-date on all developments that may have an impact on drilling activities.
- Ensuring that drilling and well completion operations comply with statutory and regulatory requirements, with respect to health and safety and emergency procedures.
- Must have a proven ability to plan / lead projects and must be able to work under pressure.
- Must have strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills to work in a multi disciplinary and multi-tasking team.
- Must be result oriented and committed to company goals.
- Must be capable of representing the company with regulatory and government agencies,
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualification, Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) degree in a core engineering discipline with a minimum of Second Class Upper Division,
- A Master’s degree or its equivalent will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years of relevant experience in the oil & gas industry with a proven track record of operations management.
- An in-depth knowledge of technical and operational practices and principles of drilling, completion and work over processes and development planning,
- Must have working knowledge of commonly used and relevant drilling, operations and production management software.
- In depth knowledge of Well engineering, operations, and completions.
- Ability to prepare work schedules and comprehensive drilling plans to meet project objectives and deadlines.
- Must be able to manage and apply multiple concurrent field projects and work in a team environment.
- Proficient in generating opportunities to optimize producing assets, improve recovery, increase production rate and reserve addition.
- Must be capable of working seamlessly with geoscience, production and reservoir groups in executing drilling/operations engineering solutions.
- Must be capable of providing commercial solutions that deliver optimum hydrocarbon value chain operations management.
Remuneration is very attractive and highly competitive within the industry.
Deadline: 2nd April, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: email@example.com with position applied for as subject of the email.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.