La Fayette Microfinance Bank Limited – As an international registered microfinance bank, La Fayette Microfinance Bank offers a complete range of financial services and means of payment for its customers, including savings accounts, current accounts and fixed deposit accounts.
Fully client oriented, La Fayette Microfinance Bank offers great flexibility, independence and financial security to help clients stay committed to their short and long term financial goals. Formally incorporated as La Fayette Microfinance Bank, the bank started full operation in February 2013 and has built a strong client base, serving clients from eight branch networks in Ibadan– Bodija, Challenge, Dugbe, Gbagi and Iwo road, Ogbomosho, Oyo and Saki towns, all strategically situated within close proximity to customers.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Risk and Compliance Officer
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- The Risk and Compliance Officer is to manage effectively the compliance risks faced by the bank.
- He should on a pro-active basis, review documents, processes and procedures and assess the compliance risks associated with the branch’s business activities.
Main Responsibilities and Task
- Institute and enforce aggressive Cost reduction Strategies/Tactics for the branch under your purview to ensure zero% income wastage
- Ensure prompt resolution of all recommendations in the Internal Audit Report, Regulatory Examiners Report and other Statutory Examiners Report involving the branch under your purview.
- Ensure daily Call Over of all Tills transactions (which include but not limited to deposit/withdrawal slips, Cheque slips, Internal fund transfers) within 24 hours of posting and where practicable online same day and as may be advised to you from time to time
- Daily Review of all System Generated Override Message/Exception Reports to ensure that appropriate approvals were obtained for it and that they are valid transactions
- Daily review of ATM Card and Pin Management or any other related reviews to ensure any irregularities are discovered and escalated promptly.
- Conduct Special Investigation as may be directed by the Risk and Compliance Manager.
- Conduct spot checks, stock taking and other functions as may be assigned from time to time.
- Ensure prompt and qualitative rendition of relevant returns and reports as may be required by the Risk and Compliance Manager which will include among others: Critical Control Issues Report, Unusual Incidence Report, Report on assets ageing in standard approved format etc.
- Any other job that may be assigned by the Risk and Compliance Manager.
- Ensure branch staff comply with Internal Code of Conducts; Policy/Procedure and Regulations on transactions initiated by the bank.
- Ensure that all expected activities as stipulated in the control checklists are performed by the branch management
- Educate and train staff on compliance issues, and acting as the contact point within the branch for compliance queries from staff members
- Create and improve homogenous Compliance Culture in the assigned branch that aligns with control and business objectives of the Bank
- Build strong KYC and KYCB compliance environment in the assigned branch i.e. ensure capturing of all valid KYC documentation into all customers’ accounts in the Core Banking Applications through the regular review of Account opening and documentation both on client files and on the system.
- Review credit files after loan approval at the LCM and before loan disbursement: All risks observed must be escalated before disbursement.
- Carry out unannounced field visit to clients’ business locations before or after loan approval as the case may be.
- Ensure integrity of the transactions and GL accounts in the branch through daily review of the branches GL balance reports. Any major deviation from the standard must be escalated.
Person Specification Qualification/Education
- B.Sc. / HND in any discipline. Professional Qualification such as (CIMA, ACCA, ICAN…) or its equivalent will be an advantage.
- Applicant must have spent the minimum of THIRTY-SIX months as a Risk and Compliance officer in a MFB or finance institution.
- High-level proficiency in written and spoken English; good knowledge of word processing; proven spreadsheet skills; good interpersonal relations skills.
- Meticulous, open-minded, autonomous and fast learner.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Job Title: Recovery Officer
Location: Ilorin, Kwara
Main Purpose and Objectives of the Job
- Manage a portfolio of arrears clients with the purpose to decrease the outstanding amount of overdue loan
- Ensure and maintain excellent portfolio quality and
- Reduce loan restructuring, loan refinancing and loan write-offs of the bank
- Recovery Management
- Asset seizure/ sales
- Must be a gradute with minimum of two(2) years post-NYSC experience as a recovery officer in a reputable MFB.
- Must be Bold, Outspoken And Analytical.
Job Title: Head, Big Micro and SME Segments
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Main Purpose of the Position
- Product management & controls
- Commercial activities duties and / or principal responsibilities
- Reporting & Reports
- Risk Management
- Develop strategies for SME/Big micro segment of the bank.
- Provide functional support to the Branch Network in the development of the SME portfolio for the various markets.
- Develop partnership and ensure regular, communication with SME Clients / prospects in order to create / increase bank’s market shares.
- Performance Monitoring
- Minimum of Degree / HND in relevant courses while a relevant professional qualification is an advantage.
- Excellent communication skill and reporting is required.
- Minimum of ten (10) years in credit from a financial institution preferably an MFB.
Job Title: Junior Accountant
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
The Junior account responsibities include but not limited to the underlisted:
- To assist with preparation and coordination of the audit process
- To assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures and contribute to budgetary follow-up.
- To contribute to financial documents preparation (trial balances, balances, balance sheet, income statement, statement of changes in financial position)
- To manage tax issues, NSITF, Pension, PAYE, WHT, VAT (follow-up of due taxes, preparation of payments, follow-up of WHT receipts)
- To assist in the preparation of CBN regulatory returns.
- Maintaining PROPER filing system of all relevant supporting documents.
- Recording budget appropriations in the accounting system under each budget article;
- To identify and timely resolution of discrepancies in accounts;
- Providing other duties as assigned by the CFO
- To compile accounting vouchers from branches and Head Office and to register them in the accounting software, Sage
- To prepare journal entries and other general ledger operations
- To prepare monthly closings and monthly financial statements and assist in year-end closing
- To reconcile and maintain balance sheet accounts
- To draw up monthly financial reports
- To prepare analysis of accounts as requested
- To administer accounts receivable and accounts payable
- To assist in preparing budgets and forecasts
- To assist with payroll administration
- To monitor and resolve bank issues including fee anomalies and check differences
- To perform account/bank reconciliations
- To review and process expense reports
- Minimum of two (2) years verifyable work experience as an accountant preferably in a finance institution.
- Minimum of B.Sc / HND in Accountancy or related courses. While a relevant professional course is an added advantage.
Application Deadline 9th March, 2020.