The Federal University of Technology, Minna is a foremost citadel of learning in Nigeria and a specialized University committed to the training of skilled and innovative workforce that would transform Nigeria’s natural resources into goods and services driven by entrepreneurship and Information and Communications Technology (ICT) to pàsitively affect the economy and thus the quality of life of her people.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the vacant position below:
Job Title: University Librarian
Location: Minna, Niger
- The University Librarian is a Principal Officer and shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration of the University Library and coordination of Library services in the University, its campuses, Schools, Centres, Departments and other teaching and research units.
- Applicants for the post of University Librarian must have in the past exhibited considerable degree of competence, responsiveness, demonstrable integrity and transparency on matters of Library administration and management. Also candidates must possess the following qualities: vision, proven academic standing and managerial ability.
- In addition, candidates should have the ability to develop linkages with external communities to support both the actual and emergent needs of the University, command respect and inspire cooperation and loyalty of staff and students of the University.
- Prospective candidates must hold a minimum of Second Class Upper Degree and a PhD in Library Science from a recognized University. He or she must also satisfy the requirements for appointment of Academic staff in the University and must be a registered member of Librarian’s Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN).
- Prospective candidates must show evidence of knowledge of ICT at the highest level of efficiency to promote and sustain a vibrant Library including an e-library of world class standard with up to date volumes.
- The candidate should not be more than 60 years of age by August 1, 2020.
- The applicant must not be lower than the rank of Principal Librarian or its equivalent and must have a minimum of fifteen (15) years post qualification experience, at least five (5) of which must have been in a University setting or similar institution.
Condition of Service
- The successful candidate would hold office for a non-renewable single term of five (5) years.
- Salaries and other conditions of service shall be as provided for University Librarians of Federal Universities by the Federal Government of Nigeria and the Governing Council of the Federal University of Technology, Minna.
Job Title: Bursar
Location: Minna, Niger
- The Bursar is a Principal Officer and is the Chief Financial Officer of the University responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
- He/she should provide the University Management with appropriate advice and support for all the institutions financial transactions including investments.
- Applicants for the post of University Bursar must have in the past exhibited considerable degree of competence, responsiveness, demonstrable integrity and transparency on matters of financial administration and management.
- In addition, candidates should demonstrate the ability to relate effectively with financial stakeholders.
- Prospective candidates must hold a minimum of Second Class Lower Degree in Accounting or allied disciplines from a recognized University. Possession of a Masters degree will be an added advantage. In addition, he/she must be a registered member of either of the underlisted professional bodies:
- Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
- Prospective candidates must show evidence of knowledge of ICT and its application at the highest level of efficiency i financial administration and management.
- He/she must also satisfy the requirements for the appointment of non-academic staff in the University.
- The candidate should not be more than 5syears of age by July 5, 2020.
- The applicant must currently not be lower than the rank of a Chief Accountant and must have a minimum of fifteen (15) years relevant experience, five (5) of which must have been spent in a University.
Condition of Service
- The successful candidate would hold office for a non-renewable single term of five (5) years Salaries and other conditions of service shall be as provided for Bursars of Federal Universities by the Federal Government of Nigeria and the Governing Council of the Federal University of Technology, Minna.
Deadline: 20th April, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward to the Registrar thirty-five (35) copies of their Applications and Curriculum Vitae which should include the following:
- Full Name (surname first)
- Post Desired
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth and State of Origin
- Permanent Home Address (not P.0 Box or P.M.B)
- Current Postal Address
- E-mail address and GSM Number(s)
- Marital Status
- Number of Children with Names and Ages
- Institutions Attended (with dates)
- Academic and Professional Qualifications (with dates)
- List of publications with details of titles, journals and dates where journals published
- Honours, Distinction and Membership of Professional Societies
- Working Experience: General and Specific (with dates)
- Details of Administrative Experience (with status and dates)
- Details of Service to Community (with status and dates)
- Present Employment, Status, Salary and Dates
- Extra Curricular Activities
- Names and Addresses of three (3) referees one of who should be from the current employer and the other two must be professionals or authorities in relevant fields who must be requested by the applicant to forward directly to the Registrar confidential report on the applicant indicating the post desired.
Candidates are to write in not more than five hundred (500) words their vision for the development and management of a digitalised University Library of a 21st Century University.
Applications and Curriculum Vitae should be forwarded in sealed envelope marked “Application for the post of Librarian” to:
Federal University of Technology, Minna,
P.M.B 65, Niger State,
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.