Vascon Solutions is an ICT company focused on Value Added Solutions Delivery in the Enterprise Technology space. VASCON draws from an experienced base of personnel whilst maintaining a personalized form of business liaison. We are ultimate in ICT Solutions with diversified skills we adapt to meet client’s expectations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Tableau Business Analyst / BI Analyst
- As a member of a software project implementation team, the BA plays a key role and will gather business requirements and translate them into technical requirements for application feature configuration.
- The BA will also implement customer requirements.
- In addition, given the external customer-facing nature of this role, the BA will provide Subject Matter Expertise (SME) about our solution, customer use of the solution, and implementation methodologies. Must be able to travel 10% domestically.
A Typical Day Includes:
- Drive business decision making through detailed analytics and insights on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Demonstrate ability to present and provide meaningful business insights from data, not just produce reports.
- Participate in strategic and tactical planning discussions with customer to gather requirements and deliver complete solutions.
- Enhance current management reporting processes through- 1) enhanced visual aids to highlight results, 2) comparative & predictive analytics, 3) statistical and data mining techniques and 4) a streamlined reporting process.
- Define and analyze large datasets across multiple internal/external sources using SQL and end user interfaces to define and consult on the most effective solution approaches
- Create innovative & interactive Tableau dashboards, scorecards, and weekly/monthly reports on the status of key business measurements that are tailored to all audiences (from executive management to business line employees).
- Incorporate parameters, sets, advanced calculated fields, level of detail and table calculations, user filters, action filters and advanced technical charts into Tableau dashboards
Stand Out Talent Brings these to the Table:
- 2+ years of relevant experience in a business analytics, business intelligence or comparable data engineering role, including data warehousing and business intelligence tools, techniques and technology
- Minimum 2 years’ Tableau development/Power BI visualization experience including designing and developing reports and dashboards with large data volumes.
- The ability to think strategically and implement methods to ensure procedures is completed at the highest standard.
- Able to build solid internal and external relationships at all levels.
- Must possess a client-service mindset and a desire to take on tough and challenging projects.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, and, PowerPoint a must
- Working knowledge of SQL to write ad hoc queries during data issue troubleshooting
The Top 5% of Talent Possess:
- Demonstrated data analysis experience and ability to understand the core business and key success drivers of our customers
- Ability to ask customers appropriate questions to gather and implement requirements.
- Prior experience querying data to determine root cause of incorrect or missing reporting values
- Outstanding writing, and presentation skills, as well as the ability to persuade, inspire, and motivate others. Summarize key insights for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to consider all technical methods of achieving desired outcome in Tableau and determine/execute the best method to meet the needs of the business and operations teams
- Proven ability to work under pressure with deadlines
- Comfort with working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to dive deep on data analysis or technical issues to come up with effective solutions, while keeping the ‘bigger picture’ in mind
- Demonstrated ability to frame complex analytical problems and consult on the most effective configuration solution to demonstrate the most valuable insights.
- University Degree in Business, Computer Science, Math or related field preferred.
Job Title: PHP Laravel Developer
- We’re looking for a PHP programming rock star… We have an amazing application, a great team of developers and a growing need for even more skills to help us build more.
- If you are a strong PHP developer (preferably using a framework like Laravel), we should talk.
- We seek a leader, team player and a programmer who can roll up sleeves and crank out great work.
- Help us manage our resources, define a great product roadmap and scale our business to higher levels.
- Interface with clients and the business team to determine business requirements
- Identify and manage project work structure, tasks, deliverables, milestones and dependencies
- Work with software developers to create plans, tasks, time estimates and timeline for delivery
- Provide day to day project management of team to achieve the project goals for their assignments
- Integrate user-facing elements developed by front-end developers
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges
- Monitor project implementation process
- Manage and organize project documentation
- Ensure that all project work is reviewed and meets quality & accuracy requirements
- Analyze & manipulate data from client and provide feedback
- Advise management on human resource requirements
- Analyze project success vs. challenges to improve on processes to make each new project more successful than the last
- Think outside the box! Identify workarounds to achieve our goals
- 2+ years of PHP application development, preferably in Laravel, Zend, Code Igniter or similar framework
- Experience with TDD in Laravel; unit testing in phpunit and/or phpspec (unit testing and testing driven practices to front of line)
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-starter mentality
- Organized and highly technical
- Responsible and driven to succeed
- Creativity and innovation is a key success factor
- Experience with setting up testing automation (e.g., Selenium) moves you to the top of the stack
- Integrity is fundamentally important to you
- Authentically curious, you love learning and improving yourself
- A desire to do brilliant things!
- You are naturally entrepreneurial
- You are street wise
- Team player with good collaborative skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to change
- Enjoys a fast-paced, dynamic, challenging work environment
- University Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent preferred.
Deadline: 18th March, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as subject of the email.