Sightsavers is an international organisation that changes lives for the long term. We work in more than 30 countries to eliminate avoidable blindness and support people with visual impairments to live independently.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluations and Learning Officer – Inclusion
Contract: 2 Years Fixed Term
About the Role
- The Monitoring, Evaluations and Learning Officer – Inclusion will report to the Monitoring, Evaluations and Learning Manager – Inclusion (based in the UK) and split their time between supporting both disability inclusion programmes.
- Travel to all the countries in both programmes will be an essential part of the role.
The Monitoring, Evaluations and Learning Officer – Inclusion will contribute to the culture of continuous learning and improvement. They will be required to:
- Support the development and testing of MEL tools
- Support project data collection, coordination and analysis
- Support and build capacity within country teams and project steering committees to analyse programme data to inform adaptations
- Contribute to project and programme reporting
- Support project staff and evaluation consultants in conducting focus group discussions
- Manage the commissioning of external evaluation consultants
- Building capacity in learning and evaluation
- Managing the externally commissioned evaluations
- Identify opportunities for inclusion of DPOs and persons with disabilities into MEL activities and practises
- Plan and facilitate project learning reviews
- Write learning reports on both programmes
- Assist with implementing the MEL framework for the Nigeria Inclusion Works project which includes data collection, analysis and reporting
- Participate in project steering committees
- Contribute across the MEL team to support workload variations and workflow
The ideal candidate will have:
- A degree in a relevant Social Science subject (International development, Sociology, Education), preferably at Master’s level
- Extensive and demonstrable experience in monitoring, evaluation and learning, preferably in the international development context
- Experience in conducting learning reviews, possibly gained in education
- Experience in managing evaluation consultants, participating in or conducting evaluations
- Understanding and knowledge of adaptive management
- Experience in MEL for social inclusion and economic empowerment
- Experience of working effectively within multidisciplinary and multicultural teams in multi country locations
- Experience of liaising with, and managing relationships with external organisations, teams and individuals
- Substantial experience in using Microsoft Office and qualitative and quantitative statistical packages such as Power BI
- Fluent written and spoken English and the ability to communicate in local languages – please specify within your application those that you speak
- This is a rewarding, demanding and diverse role and more detail may be found in the job description.
Local Terms and Conditions Apply
Deadline: 15th March, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online