SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Offshore HVAC Supervisor – M/F H/F
Contractual hours: Full time
Contract duration: 2 years
- SPIE NIGERIA is actively looking for an HVAC Supervisor to join our team.
- Offshore Rotational Status on FPSO.
- Organises on site the maintenance operations which are placed under his responsibility,
- Manages interventions using the CMIMS and work packs provided by the planning team,
- Reviews all intervention reports in the CMIMS (including those concerning SMC) and writes the detailed technical reports related to his field, Monitors (and in certain plant – Operates) the functioning of utilities and all equipment placed under his responsibility,
- Ensures that the transfer of knowledge by mentoring occurs properly within his teams and actively participates in this himself, leading others by his example,
- Assists the Planning Engineer with the resourcing and suitable planning input to ensure a quality preparation and execution of all Maintenance works. With his teams assists specialists working under Specific Maintenance Contracts (SMC),
- Ensures that COMPANY’s HSE regulations are respected (especially procedures related to Work Permits), as well as approved operating procedures and standard industry practice during preparation and performance of maintenance operations placed under his responsibility,
- Carries out, at CONTRACTOR’s site representative’s request, any intervention within his field of competence. Takes in charge the systems under his responsibility in case of breakdown until correct operation is resumed.
- Identifies, in the preparatory stage of maintenance works, any delicate operations and ensures that proper studies of the risks involved are carried out beforehand,
- Identifies recurrent corrective maintenance interventions, analyses them and suggests improvements, Keeps a critical eye on current preventive maintenance programmes and, if need be, suggests improvements,
- Warns support and planning teams of any recurring problems related to the availability or quality of spare parts,
- Keeps track of any backlog of work in his area of responsibility and suggests corrective measures to COMPANY and CONTRACTOR if this backlog threatens to become unmanageable,
- Ensures that the members of his teams have the qualifications and skills required for the tasks entrusted to them and, if need be, suggests corrective measures. Context and Environment Purpose
- He is responsible for maintenance operations within his field of competence.
- Good Mechanical Engineering Background, Operational experience in the operation of Utilities equipment.
- Ability to lead and motivate multi-national teams,
- Takes a Pride in his work,
- Capability to maintain good relations with colleagues and others,
- Physical Capability to work on offshore installations in the climatic conditions of the site
- Minimum level of experience required: 10 years or more
- English necessary, French an advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online