Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer’s needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Manager
Job Summary & Purpose
- They are responsible for people, operations, budgets, project delivery and strategy. The operations manager role is mainly to implement the right processes and practices across the organisation.
- The specific duties of an operations manager include formulating strategy, improving performance, procuring material and resources and securing compliance.
- You should be ready to mentor your team members, find ways to increase the quality of customer service and implement best practices across all levels Manage overall operations and is responsible for the effective and successful management of labor, productivity, quality control and safety measures as established and set for the Operations Department. Ensure safe and efficient operations.
- Serve as a company representative on regulatory issues. Enhance the operational procedure, systems and principles in the areas of information flow and management, business processes, enhanced management reporting and looks for opportunities to expand systems. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities will include overseeing interviewing, selection and hiring; training new and existing employees; planning, assigning and directing work; authoring and discussing with employees performance appraisals; addressing employee performance and corrective action plans; employee motivation and rewards. Organising the budget of the company in collaboration with the MD.
A Big-Picture Perspective:
- Because they are responsible for the overall well-being of the company’s operations, these types of managers tend to have a big-picture perspective.
- They are able to determine needs within the company and connect groups to work together to solve problems as they arise.
- They need to be critical thinkers who can analyze situations and make decisions geared toward the company’s best interests rather than those of a single department.
- This may mean that they also need to resolve conflicts as they arise between employees and set policies and guidelines for how to complete tasks.
- In terms of skills and abilities, operations managers need a healthy mix of hard and soft skills.
- Will most certainly will use computers and a variety of related software programs, including customer management tools and budgeting and accounting software.
- They also need to be able to manage people effectively using good listening, motivation and communication skills.
Oversight of Financial Information and Budgets:
- A large part of an operations manager’s job is to oversee the creation and administration of budgets within each area of the company.
- Strong leaders will regularly monitor expenses and curtail a department’s spending if necessary to keep the company on budget.
- They will also engage in cost-benefit analysis, seeking to obtain the best price for materials.
Supervise Supply Chain and Inventory:
- Another area of oversight is the management of supply chain procedures and inventory tracking. In order for the teams to operate effectively they need to have a steady supply of materials.
- Similarly once their job is completed, products must be properly inventoried and then sent out the door and up the supply chain to retailers or direct customers.
- While each department is busily doing its specific job, operations managers have their eyes on the entire process and can intervene and make adjustments as needed.
Workflow and Staffing:
- Operations managers also have a good handle on the staffing requirements of the organization.
- They work with HR to hire and train new employees and handle disciplinary issues. Because they are aware of the needs in each department, they can adjust the workflow and reassign tasks to improve efficiency in the operation.
Operations Managers in Various Roles:
- While operations managers all use a wide variety of skills to do their job, some, particularly in large companies, some of their specific responsibilities may include:
- Create and manage the company’s budget.
- Define company policies and implement training.
- Monitor internal HR systems and ensure compliance.
- Oversee hiring objectives and job description creation.
- Stay on top of employment trends, legal issues and best practices.
- Purchase software or other tools to improve department efficiency.
- Oversee day-to-day operations.
- Design strategy and set goals for growth.
- Provide direct management of key functional managers and executives in the business unit.
- Ensure the overall delivery and quality of the unit’s offerings to customers.
- Engage in key or targeted customer activities.
- Obtains profit contribution by managing staff and establishing and accomplishing business objectives.
- Builds company image by collaborating with customers, government, community organisations, and employees; and enforcing ethical business practices.
- Increases management’s effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counselling, and disciplining managers; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing incentives; cultivating a climate for offering information and opinions and providing educational opportunities.
- Develops strategic plan by studying technological and financial opportunities, presenting analysis, and recommending objectives.
- Maintain budgets and optimise expenses
- Set policies and processes.
- Ensure employees work productively and develop professionally.
- Evaluate and improve operations and financial performance.
- Direct the employee assessment process.
- Prepare regular reports for upper management.
- Ensure staff follows health and safety regulations.
- Provide solutions to issues (e.g. employee conflicts, loss of business to competitors
- Ensure the creation and implementation of a strategy designed to grow the business.
- Accomplishes subsidiary objectives by establishing plans, budgets, and results measurements; allocating resources; reviewing progress; and making mid-course corrections.
- Coordinates efforts by establishing procurement, production, marketing, field, and technical services policies and practices; and coordinating actions with corporate staff.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Academic Qualification: Degree in Business, Operations Management or related field
- Professional Qualification: B.Sc / BA in Business or relevant field; MSc / MA is a plus.
- Experience: Proven experience as an Operations Manager or similar executive role
- Experience in planning and budgeting.
Key Skills & Competencies:
- Knowledge of business process and functions (finance, HR, procurement, operations etc.)
- Strong analytical ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Data Processing Skills
- Reporting Skills
- Budget Development
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving Skills
- Planning and Organising
- Communication Skills
- Outstanding organisational and leadership skills
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Conflict Management
- Business Negotiation
- People Management
- Data Entry Skills
- Influencing and Leading
- Team Work
- Stress Tolerance.
- Very Attractive.
Deadline: 26th March, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV not later than “3pm” on the above-stated closing date to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Any application received after the application closing date will be automatically rejected.