Nestle Nigeria Plc – As the Leading Nutrition Health and Wellness Company, we are committed to enhancing People’s lives, everywhere, every day. Infact enhancing lives will influence everything we do together.
A presence in more than 130 countries and factories in more than 80 research centres brings many global benefits. We believe in long term career development and appreciate how challenges and motivation will help you reach your potential. Nestle Nigeria Plc upholds the principle of Non- Discrimination and Equal Employment Opportunities in its recruitment processes.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Project Draftsman
Location: Agbara, Ogun
Position Type: Full-time
- Joining Nestlé means you are joining the largest Food and Beverage company in the world. At our very core, we are a human company driven by our purpose to enhance the quality of life and contribute to a healthier future.
- Nestlé Nigeria is currently looking for a Project Draftsman who is responsible for the production of various project drawings (Spare Parts, Factory and Plant Layouts, etcetera) and assisting in updating records of project-related documents.
A day in the life of…
- Ensuring that you exhibit an attitude of absolute intolerance and zero compromise for unsafe situations, never implementing changes (whether directly instructed to, or under your own initiative) without first questioning its impact in relation to product safety/quality, people safety and environment.
- Conversion and amendment of old drawings to electronic forms.
- Implementing component drawings/ layouts as directed by Engineers.
- Keeping drawing files in safe custody and ensuring regular backups on external storage devices.
- Keeping proper inventory of drawing numbers and revisions.
- Reviewing risk assessment on high hazard tasks and issuing permits to work for task execution.
- Supervising contractors on site during construction and installation phase(s).
- Reading and interpreting drawings for construction purposes.
- Drawing and designing of mechanical and electrical parts.
- Liaising with external Contractors (Architects and Structural Engineers) in relation to project drawings.
- Ensuring conformity of drawings to hygienic engineering and design principles during construction and installation phase(s).
- Drawing of industrial services (piping and instrumentation diagrams).
- Carrying out other assignments as directed by the Project Manager.
What will make you successful
- Higher National Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering or their equivalent; with a minimum of a Second Class Lower class of degree.
- 1-2 years experience in a Computer-Aided Design operator role.
- In-depth knowledge of technical/engineering drawings.
- Extensive expertise in 3D design technology/software.
- Strong technical background with excellent technical reporting skills.
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD and SAP.
- Persuasive, encouraging and motivating individual with strong interpersonal and good organizational skills.
- Commitment to strong work ethics including integrity, honesty, safety, compliance and quality.
- Openness and curiosity for dynamic and future trends in technology, new business ideas and opportunities.
- Continuous Improvement and “Can-Do” mindset – Willingness to accept change and the ability to manage it.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Aptness to learning.
Deadline: 7th April, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online