Delta State College of Education, Mosogar, hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Provost
Qualifications and Experience
- Must be a Chief Lecturer in the College of Education system with at least five years’ experience or a Senior Lecturer in a University with five years’ experience on rank;
- Should possess a doctorate degree in one of the fields in the College and a professional qualification in education;
- Must possess 15 years post qualification teaching/research experience in a College of Education system or its equivalent and in addition must have held a senior teaching/research and a top administrative position in a tertiary institution;
- Must not be more than 60 years of age at the time of assumption of duty; v. Must show evidence of academic and administrative leadership including publication at national and international levels;
- Must show evidence of professional standing/honours including registration with the Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN)
- Proficiency in ICT (packages and capabilities)
- Evidence of community service at local and national level
- Evidence of funds/research grant attracted.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The Provost as Chief Academic Officer/Chief Executive Officer of the College shall be responsible for the day to day running and management of the College
- Provide academic and professional leadership in the execution of policy guidelines laid down by the Governing Council
- Maintain discipline as well cater for the welfare and interest of the staff and students of the College and perform such other functions as may be conferred upon him by the Edict establishing the College and/or the Governing Council.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- Provost shall be on a consolidated salary.
- The Provost shall be appointed for a single term of five (5) years.
- Other conditions are as applicable to Provost of Colleges of Education in Nigeria.
Deadline: 22nd April, 2020
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send twenty (20) copies of their Applications with photocopies of their Curriculum Vitae including education/professional credentials attached to each. The CV should include information on the following:
- Name of Applicant in Full, surname first, Post desired.
- Date and Place of birth
- Permanent home address
- Current postal addresses with phone numbers and email
- Marital Status
- Number and ages of children (if any)
- Educational institution attended with dates, Academic/professional qualifications (with dates and locations)
- Name(s) and address of present employers stating post held, date and salary.
- Scholarly publications (conferences papers, journal papers and books) Special awards (if any)
- Extra-curricular activities
- Names and address of three (3) referees.
- Applicant should request their referees to forward their recommendations to the undersigned.
All applications should be addressed and sent to:
College of Education, Mosogar,
Sapele – Delta State,