Registrar Job at the Admiralty University of Nigeria (ADUN)
The Admiralty University of Nigeria was established as a Public-Private-Partnership (PPP) through the joint efforts of Nigerian Navy Holdings (a subsidiary organization of the Nigerian Navy) and Hellenic Education Nigeria – (a private consultancy, with international educators as main partners).The objectives of the University are: to expand the frontiers of knowledge in various academic disciplines, in Nigeria; to use University education as a tool towards development and the enhancement of human welfare; to meet the challenges of nation building in Nigeria; and to address the acute shortage of personnel in various sections of the economy in Nigeria.
Application are invited for the position below:
Job Title: Registrar
The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the University. He/She is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration of the University, and serves as the Secretary to Council, Senate, Congregation and Convocation. Other responsibilities of the Registrar include:
- Handling of establishment matters for all categories of teaching and non- teaching staff
- Arranging for the conduct of examinations
- Keeping in safe custody of all records of the University
- Ensuring that University publications, such as the University calendar, University prospectus, staff and student handbook, University gazette, handbook on administrative procedures, are updated and released regularly
- Networking with staff and students to create a conducive climate for the functioning of the University.
- Candidates should have at least a Second Class (Lower Division) Honours Degree in relevant fields (e.g. Arts, Social Sciences, Administration etc) from a recognised University. Possession of higher degree(s) will be an advantage.
- Candidate must be computer literate and a member of at least one relevant Professional Body like NIM, IPMN, ANUPA etc.
- Candidates must have at least fifteen (15) years post qualification experience, ten (10) of which should be relevant to educational administration.
- Preferably,candidates must have served in an administrative capacity, not below the rank of Deputy Registrar, or its equivalent in the Military service.
- The successful candidate must enjoy good health to be able to endure the rigours of the duties of the Registrar.
Duration of Appointment
The Registrar shall hold office for a single term of five (5) years only, on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment.
Deadline: 24th March, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward 10 copies each of your Curriculum Vitae and copies of credentials, with the following information:
- Full Name (Surname first in capital letters)
- Place and date of birth
- State of origin & local government area
- Permanent Home Address
- Present postal address/GSM numbers/e-mail address
- Marital status
- Number and ages of children (if any)
- Educational institutions attended with dates
- Academic qualifications obtained with dates
- Professional qualifications obtained with Dates
- Working experience including full details of former and present post(s)
- Extra-curricular activities
- Names and Addresses of three referees, one of which must be the Chief
- Executive/Head of the applicant’s present employer.
Candidates should forward their applications under confidential cover in an envelope sealed and marked “Post of Registrar, Admiralty University of Nigeria” and addressed to:
Admiralty University of Nigeria,
Ibusa / Ogwashi-Uku Expressway,
Note: Candidates should also request their three Referees to send reports on them, under confidential cover to,The Registrar, Admiralty University of Nigeria, lbusa/Ogwashi-Uku Expressway, Delta State.