The Health Strategy and Delivery Foundation (HSDF), is a non-profit firm established in December 2013. The organisation was established to improve the quality of decision-making and execution in the health sector. HSDF supports key stakeholders at all levels of the government and private sector by providing strong analytical support and deploying innovative frameworks and tools to generate measurable and sustainable results.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior Finance Officer
Req Id: 324
Location: FCT, Abuja
Reports To: Finance Manager
- This position reports to the Finance Manager. He/She is accountable for the Foundation’s treasury and accounts functions.
- He/She will monitor the cash flow of the Foundation daily, making periodic analysis, using certain business skills and acumen.
- Bachelor’s degree / HND in Accounting.
- Five (5) years accounting experience, preferably three (3) in non-profit sponsored programs
- Finalist or Qualified Accountant.
- Experience of using SAP accounting package will be an advantage
- Sound interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Interpretation of legislative and professional standards
- Good Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Consistent and highly organized.
- Proactive, flexible and adaptable to a varied environment.
- Good communication skills at all level and through various means
- Well-developed analytical skills
- Innovative and strategic thinking
- Well-developed presentation and communication skills
- PC word processing, spreadsheet and data base preparation and evaluation skills
- Report writing dealing with detailed, complex and technical concepts
- Good communication and listening skills
- Professional, responsible and accountable
- Team player, supportive, encouraging development of HSDF’s work and staff
- Open to ideas and change
- Ability to establish rapport with a wide range of professionals
- Ethical, high integrity
- The job description consists of important tasks and responsibilities which cut across accounts and treasury management.
- Monitor transactions and reconcile interfund/ intercompany accounts each month.
- Ensure disbursements are in line with project budgets
- Manage General Ledgers and other Balance Sheet items to ensure accuracy of transactions
- Prepare Journal Vouchers for Finance Manager’s review
- Support monthly Bank reconciliation of all operational accounts
- Support the statutory audit processes
- Provide support to field staff and work closely with them to ensure that financial documentations are accurate
- Liaise regularly with other members of the finance team to ensure accuracy of financial records
- Prepare ad-hoc financial report and respond to any other financial queries as necessary
- In collaboration with the Manager ensure that appropriate finance systems are maintained, controls and procedures are strictly adhered to.
- Ensure that all transactions are properly posted on SAP software.
- Support month end closing activities on SAP within deadline
- Maintain and manage all financial records, logs, spreadsheets, and registers
- Ensuring that all funds are appropriately banked efficiently and effectively
- Oversee the management of imprest account and monthly posting to Ledger
- Reconciling of bank statements against the GL, check and verify cash transactions and resolve any discrepancies
- Perform special projects and requests from time to time as the management deems fit
- Produce weekly balances report and see to it that the financial position of the Foundation is well calculated daily
- Responsible for interest and debt analysis per statement and per account
- Responsible for following up on financial transactions, give feedback, and ensuring tasks are completed on schedule
- Support the team in the month end and year end routine.
- Under the supervision of the Finance Manager, undertake all treasury operations and responsibilities, ensuring the efficient management of Foundation’s bank accounts, all banking systems and fund disbursement
- Managing the money transmission systems GAPS, S2B, IBTCBusinessonline
- Ensure transactions clearing on SAP before payment are made
- Instruct staff on treasury matters and how and when to take certain measure that will be beneficial to the foundation
- Ensure that all transactions having to do with treasury is recorded correctly, accurately and in accordance with laid down standards
- Perform other duties as assigned by the line manager.
- Knowledge of statutory regulations related to financial accounting
- Knowledge of personal computer-based applications including word processing, excel, and databases.
- Knowledge of general accounting and fiscal management principles
- Project Accounting experience in an international environment essential
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work as an effective member of the HSDF’s Financial Management Team and the organization wide team.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 10th April, 2020.