British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Security Manager
Job Number: 23778
Location: Ibadan – Oyo
Function: Legal & External Affairs
Level: Experienced Professional
Appointment Type: Permanent
- British American Tobacco is looking to hire a Supply Chain Security Manager to join our team in Ibadan, Nigeria
- The purpose of the role is to advice, coordinate and implement action plans on a range of security issues with respect to WAA (West Africa Area) Primary and Secondary Supply Chain Security, Ports Operations, Security of Logistics Routes and Warehouse Operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Supply Chain or related area
- At least 4 years of professional experience in the supply chain, preferably in an FMCG company
- Professional experience in the security field, including digital security
- Leadership experience would be a plus
- Proficiency in a local language (Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo) would be an added advantage
- Ability to make swift, balanced decisions in emergencies when a rapid response is required
- Flexibility to work in Ibadan and Lagos, including Lagos Port
- Identify all risks to supply chain operations conducting periodical assessments
- Review and update SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedure) for all supply chain processes
- Manage the daily operations on all aspects of the supply chain and ensure the generation and signing of the “Factory Daily Energy report” for diesel consumption
- Manage the quality implementation of all security controls on finished goods distribution on both local and exports distributions
- Ensure an accurate database of all contractors working with the finished goods store is kept
- Engage with supply chain team to carry out annual due diligence check on such workers to guide management in securing company finished goods
- Coordinate supervisors to ensure that all security procedures for the protection of:
- Company personnel/families/visitors.
- Tobacco with respect to their, storage and dispatch.
- Company assets, information, property and business operations activities
- Ensure the compilation and maintenance of monthly statistical trends for key activities in the supply chain to the operations security management and operations managers responsible
- Ensure compliance of Haulage companies and their personnel to BAT access control and Information Security procedures
- Carry out all forms of periodic checks on dispatch procedures, export escort procedures etc.
- Drive the yearly export route security assessment and report to operations security manager when carried out
- Maintain an accurate risk assessment report on all internal and external finished goods store
- Monitor the flow of finished goods shipment request and ensure that appropriate security according to BAT standards and matrix are deployed at each time
- Task, develop and train security personnel under his responsibility to implement supply chain security SOP’s
- Carry out regular security compliance visits to various Lagos Ports to ensure that recommended security procedures are adhered to by stakeholders involved in BAT ports operations
- Ensuring that BAT appointed-service provider (Haulage) comply with the company’s Security and EHS best practices with respect to haulage of BAT products while in transit
- Ensure that supply chain operations documents in the security shared folder are duly organized
- Liaise with head of function and supply chain personnel with respect to security concerns as it affects ports, logistics and warehouse operations
- Liaise with other members of staff within BAT to ensure effective coordination on and successful implementation of relevant cross-functional projects, for the common good of the company
- Liaise with authorities of the Port Divisional Police Command on security issues relating to intelligence gathering, security investigations etc.
- Liaise with authorities of the terminal control unit of the Customs/NDLEA/NAFDAC at the various ports
- Liaise with appropriate individuals and managers of security for BAT appointed shipping and haulage service-providers
- Delivering a timely, sequential and detailed record of all incidents during any period of duty
- Ability to coordinate the activities of escort teams to achieve an efficient service delivery in line with all escort guidelines
- Manage Factory and operations security in the absence of the operations security manager
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online