Bayero University, Kano hereby invites applications from reputable Audit firm for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Vice-Chancellor
- Bayero University, Kano – Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the post of the Vice-Chancellor of Bayero University, Kano, will be vacant with effect from 18th August, 2020. Pursuant to the provisions of the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) Decree No. 11 of 1993 as amended by the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) (Amendment) Decree No. 25 of 1996, and the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) (Amendment) Act 2003.
- The candidate for the post of the Vice-Chancellor is required to possess a good University education and should be a proven manager of human and material resources.
Specifically, the candidate should:
- Be a highly distinguished academic with a PhD;
- Be someone who appreciates, and acts on, merit and who will not succumb to undue pressure;
- Be of sound mental and physical health;
- Be morally sound and of unassailable integrity;
- Be prepared to demonstrate commitment to the University’s vision, mission and core values, as well as the pursuit of its strategic objectives;
- Be a person who is not older than 65 years at the point of assumption of duty as Vice-Chancellor; and
- Possess appreciable computing skills as well as the ability to embrace information and communication technology.
- Be on the rank of Professor for at least 5 years;
- Be a successful scholar who is well rooted in the finest academic tradition;
- Have had a wide academic and administrative experience at a reputable university, and be capable of giving dynamic academic and administrative leadership;
- Be able to engender both national and international respect, particularly in the academic world;
- Possess the ability to create the much needed harmony between staff and students on the one hand and between members of the University Community and the wider community on the other;
- Be a person with a clear vision and capacity to pursue the continuous development of the University even under resource constraints;
Condition of Service
The Vice-Chancellor shall serve for a single term of five years. The remunerations shall be as obtained in Nigerian federal universities, and/or as approved by Council, from time to time.
Deadline: 20th April, 2020.
Method of Application
Applicants are required to note and comply with following conditions:
- Each application should be made in 25 copies and should be accompanied with 25 copies of the candidate’s current Curriculum Vitae duly signed and dated by the candidate.
- The Curriculum Vitae must include the candidate’s name in full, age, marital status, educational attainment, nationality, professional and academic achievements and any, other relevant information.
- Each application should include the names and addresses of three referees (at least one of whom should be able to testify to the academic standing of the candidate and another to testify to his/her moral character and integrity).
- Each referee should be contacted by the applicant to forward directly to the Pro-Chancellor a confidential report on him/her in a properly sealed envelope marked “Referee’s Report for Applicant for the Position of Vice-Chancellor” at the top left hand corner of the envelope.
- Each application must be accompanied by 25 copies of statement of the candidate’s vision of the University in the twenty-first century;
All applications shall be submitted under confidential cover and addressed to:
The Registrar & Secretary to Council,
PMB 3011, New Campus,
Gwarzo Road, Kano,
The sealed envelope(s) containing the applications should be marked “VlCE-CHANCELOR” at the top left and corner and forwarded in time to reach the Registrar not later than the closing date above.