Grassroots Researchers Association (GRA) is a nonprofit and non-political rights-based organization registered in 2016 with the Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria as a local content hub aimed at facilitating evidence-based grassroots initiatives and actions that promote development, justice and victims support in the communities. Our mission is to be an active grassroots mobilizer towards improving the total quality of human life and social justice in Nigeria. Our programmes are spread across Climate Change, Conflict, Security and Justice, Social Economic Development and Governance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Volunteer
Scope of work
- Ensure strict monitoring and supervision of all activities to be conducted.
- Assist in data collection, illustrating projects activities progress and impact.
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills by all the Field Volunteers
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with staff and beneficiaries
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk with.
- Protection of rights of beneficiaries.
- Participate in program and sector specific assessment, monitoring, surveys and evaluations. This will entail management of data collected & facilitating results discussion.
- Assist in the facilitation of community meetings, focus group discussions and others as required by the program.
- Share and document lessons learned and success stories.
- Conduct him/herself both personally and professionally in such a manner as to bring credit to GRA and not to jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Adherence to all policies and procedures as outlined in GRA’s policies and procedures manuals and other duties assigned.
- Ensure compliance with all government regulations and SOPs.
- Collaboration/Ethical and social operating standards:
- Payments will only be done at the end of every month or when the field assistant has successfully completed all the required duties assign to him/her satisfactory, based on the number of days worked.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Qualification, Experience and Skill Requirements
- Degree, HND or Diploma in any relevant field
- Previous work experience with NGO is not mandatory but an added advantage
- Proven intellectual capability
- Ability to work under pressure, with little or no supervision
- Ability to speak the local language(s)
Deadline: 30th March, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications including a Cover Letter and CV as a single PDF document addressed to the “Executive Director, Grassroots Researchers Association (GRA)”, via: firstname.lastname@example.org copying email@example.com All applications must include the position title as the email subject.
- Applicants are advised that Grassroots Researchers Association does not require any payment or expense before, during and after the entire recruitment process. Any such request should be immediately reported via firstname.lastname@example.org as it contravenes the values and practices of GRA.
- Due to the volume of applications received, GRA may not provide feedback to all applicants. Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.