Women for Women International (WfWI) – In countries affected by conflict and war, Women for Women International (WfWI) supports the most marginalized women to earn and save money, improve health and well-being, influence decisions in their home and community, and connect to networks for support. By utilizing skills, knowledge and resources, she is able to create sustainable change for herself, her family, and community.
Since 1993, WfWI has served over 500,000 women in 8 conflict-affected countries, including Afghanistan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Iraq, Kosovo, Nigeria, Rwanda and South Sudan. Since 2002, we have worked with over 20,000 men worldwide to support women’s rights and gender equality.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR / Finance Assistant
Reports To: Program Coordinator
- The HR/Finance Assistant will provide human resource/administrative support and assist with financial management and logistical transactions to ensure smooth running of the office and effective operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure an accurate and up to date filing system for the Bauchi office.
- Respond to maintenance requests and work closely with the HR/Administrative Manager on administrative tasks with regard to office utilities (such as water, electricity, garbage collection etc.).
- Maintain a communication board to ensure staff communications (CD notices, Holiday schedule etc.) are posted/removed in a timely manner.
- Monitor the daily work of the office cleaner to ensure a clean and organized work environment.
- Maintain the office & vehicle fire extinguishers and first aid kits.
- Assist in organizing meetings and conferences; take meeting minutes as requested.
- Assist with the collation of CVs (hard copy) for the recruitment of new employees.
- Assist with the new hire orientation process; preparing the new hire schedule and coordinating with relevant staff.
Compliance and Record Keeping:
- Assist with maintenance of the Employee Handbook to ensure employee compliance.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate and complete personnel and recruitment files.
- Assist with HR data management including; coordinating documentation and filing of updates to emergency contact information, address changes, dependent information, marital status etc.
- Assist with review and tracking of all leave recorded, approval and filing.
- Maintain confidentiality of employee personal data.
- Ensure the Code of Conduct and Whistleblower Acknowledgments are signed annually.
Compensation and Benefits Administration:
- Coordinate the Annual Performance Management Process; including distribution and collection of documents, scheduling meetings, tracking and reviewing forms as they are received.
- Mange employee leave; to include, responding to requests for leave balances, advising staff on the procedures for taking leave, following up on required documentation for taking leave or returning from leave, maintaining an accurate record of all leave and ensuring the leave trackers are updated monthly, ensuring leave requests are filed in the personnel files, ensuring leave carry over balances are communicated at the end of each calendar year.
- Assist with writing and updating job descriptions as directed.
- Prepare monthly Payroll ensuring staff changes (new hires, terminations etc.) are accurately reflected on HR Monthly Reports and documentation is complete and filed in the personnel file.
- Prepare and review the monthly payroll as requested.
- Prepare and review final pay statements for staff that are terminating.
General Accounting/Financial Management and Reporting:
- Manage the office petty cash in safe and reconcile daily
- Assist with preparation of monthly financial reports in the required Women for Women International format.
- Assist with preparing payments for vendors/contractors for goods and services received.
- Assist with the annual audit
- Maintain and monitor an effective Country Office filing system including but not limited to; bank documents, withdrawal slips, transfer records, bank statements, invoice and payroll records.
- Assist with ensuring that the internal control procedures and donor regulations are followed for all cash disbursements, receipts, transfers and include appropriate back up for US – A133 compliance.
- The Finance Assistance will have access to sensitive and confidential information and is expected to act with utmost discretion and integrity.
Assistance with Logistics:
- Assist the Finance Manager and the Accountant with the maintenance of inventory and controls for the Bauchi office fixed assets (i.e., such as vehicles, furniture and computer equipment). Maintain and update the inventory list and depreciation schedule for fixed assets.
Skills and Qualifications
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Human Resources Management, Finance, Accounting, Business administration
- Minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience in Human Resources and Finance.
- Excellent computer skills including spreadsheet, database, word processing, presentation and email along with data entry experience, familiarity with an accounting software is desirable
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Good inter-personal skills and ability to work in a team
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet and professional manner
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and to take initiative;
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required;
- Finance Assistance will be held to the highest ethical standards.
- Strong computer skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Email.
- Must be a Nigerian citizen
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with strong analytical, reasoning and problem-solving abilities;
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
Location: Jos, Plateau
Reports To: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
- To work as part of the Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) unit in the country office, assist in the collection of data and information from the program participants at designated periods throughout the program cycle, according to established M&E guidelines and standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in community assessment, pre-selection of new participants and collection and recording of information as required.
- Assist in the enrollment of women into the program and submit a report of specific observations about the process, highlighting any errors to be corrected in subsequent enrollments.
- Complete the Baseline Forms for selected sample of new participants.
- Participate in Focus Group discussions with participants for mid-term training assessment, and submit a report with findings, as well as any pertinent observations about the focus group process.
- Work with women to collect other data and information as needed, for example, case studies, and ad-hoc information requests.
- Participate in any special monitoring visits, evaluations or impact studies as required.
- Complete End line forms for all participants as they are finishing their program cycle and submit a report on each of the evaluated groups of women.
- Complete Graduate Follow-Up Forms for a select sample of women one and two years after their graduation from the program.
- Work closely with the Social Empowerment team and the Economic Empowerment team to capture all relevant data and information from program participants throughout the program cycle.
- Assist the M&E Manager in training other members of staff or contractors to carry out data collection tasks and completion of M&E forms as needed.
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of all forms and other information required.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date filing systems online or hard copy; if applicable.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- University Degree in Social Sciences, Social Work or other relevant field.
- At least two (2) years of relevant work experience preferably in data collection.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build rapport with communities and participants.
- Ability and willingness to travel and spend significant time in the field.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently.
- Good inter-personal skills and ability to work in a team.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office Programs; database skills an added advantage.
- Fluency in English and Hausa language skills required
Job Title: Advocacy Officer
Reports to: Program Coordinator
- The Advocacy Officer will play a central role in supporting Change Agents and coordinating community and national advocacy efforts. The successful candidate must be one who understands, experienced in advocacy, and who is highly organized.
- This position will be located in Bauchi State, reports to the Program Coordinator and dotted line supervision to the Advocacy Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities
Change Agent Program Implementation and Support:
- Adapt the Change Agent curriculum to the local context.
- Work with Change Agents to develop ‘work plans’ for their advocacy efforts and provide frameworks to support planning and monitoring advocacy activities.
- Support the Advocacy Coordinator to manage the annual meeting with Change Agents which will be to support peer-to-peer learning, and for organizational review and learning of the program.
- Assist in working with NGO partners to ensure that there are opportunities for Change Agents to become involved in the planning of joint-advocacy strategies.
Joint-Advocacy in Communities:
- Assist in managing the relationship with NGOs to support advocacy activities that seek to affect change at the community level.
- Assist in ensuring that WfWI participants/graduates are consulted in the development of plans in line with the progress of grants.
Joint-Advocacy with National NGOs/Partners:
- Assist in coordinating consultations with WfWI participants/graduates and national partners to ensure that advocacy objectives are more sensitive/inclusive to the needs of marginalized women.
Inform Key Influencers And Local Donors:
- Assist to map out and build connections with influencers and foreign officials to identify targets for WfWI to build relationships with and also develop a baseline of statements that relate to VAW and WEE by these individuals.
- Assist to monitor targets’ statements on VAW and WEE to measure change.
Other Duties as Assigned
- University Degree in the Social Sciences plus minimum of a year’s experience in one of the following sectors: social services, education (preferably with adults), psychology, community development, and/or women’s issues.
- Three (3) years of professional experience; preferably working with an NGO.
- Knowledge of relevant human rights laws
- Experience working on community development issues.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise, paying attention to details.
- Established competence in negotiation and influence.
- Strong interpersonal skills to ensure effective communication with a variety of stakeholders.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in MS Office Applications.
- Demonstrated commitment to ending violence against women.
- Demonstrated experience working with NGOs, particularly international NGOs, is highly desired.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in organizing training and working with community and traditional leaders.
- Excellent report writing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skill
- Required oral and written communication skills in English as well as oral fluency in Hausa language.
Deadline: Wednesday, 25th March, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV and Cover Letter and 3 professional references to: email@example.com Please specify “HR/Finance Assistant” in the subject line.
Note: Only short-listed applicants will be invited for interview. No telephone inquiries please.