Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director of Programmes
Job ID: sfh-83323
- The Director of Programmes (DOP) will have responsibility for the technical content of service delivery encompassing KP prevention services (social/behavior change communication, pre-exposure prophylaxis, condom/lubricant programming, STI management and other evolving prevention technology/techniques), case finding (partner notification services, risk profile-based testing, and other testing modalities applicable to key population case finding), treatment (including differentiated community ART care delivery model using the OSS strategy, TLD regimen protocol, FP integration, and TB services integration), viral load services within a community setting (including considerations for use of self-administered viral load sampling kits, optimization of viral load cascade and other efforts necessary for achieving measurable community viral suppression).
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- S/He will work with the programme team to develop and/or review annual work plans, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for the provision of ART services to Key Populations.
- S/He will coordinate the provision of ART services to Key Populations in line with current World Health Organisation (WHO) recommendations and national guidelines both at the One-Stop-Shop (OSS) and through mobile community ART services.
- S/He will oversee clinical HIV treatment protocols in each clinical department to reflect the needs of the target population and ensure consistency of treatment services throughout the OSS and other differentiated models of care.
- S/He will be responsible for effective management and supervision of programme advisors, clinicians, health service providers, community volunteers, and case managers at the OSS as well as mobile ART teams.
Qualifications / Experience
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in Public Health, Health Administration, or Management, Social Work with a focus on public health, social sciences, or related field. A first-degree in a medical science is preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years of professional work experience in the field of Public Health and HIV prevention, treatment, care and support. This should be inclusive of a minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in technically designing and managing similar USAID funded HIV programs for key populations.
- The 7 years should also be inclusive of a minimum of 3 years of experience in the management of a USG-funded activity, including program planning, implementation, data use, monitoring and reporting.
- Demonstrated understanding, experience, and competency in working with HIV KP community-led organizations and KP community leaders for HIV case finding using approaches such as index case, social and network testing and surge strategies to improve HIV positivity yield, and linkage to care.
Skills and competencies:
- High Level of Integrity
- Excellent Project Management and Emotional intelligence
- Leadership Skills
- In-depth analytical, presentation and documentation skills
- Key populations programming skills
- Database management skills
- Behavior change communication experience
- Excellent Report writing skills
- Coordination and Team Building skills
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Deadline: 12th May, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online