Pact West Africa is a Non-Governmental Organization with over a decade of experience working in Nigeria to create thriving, resilient communities that are heard, capable, and vibrant. Pact West Africa started operations as Pact Nigeria in 2005, and builds capacity of civil society organizations and improves the livelihoods and health of the poor and marginalized in the society. Pact has 46 staff in Nigeria. Pact is seeking a qualified consultant to facilitate a three-day team building exercise and tocompile a report outlining the workshop’s proceedings, including practical recommendations and operational tools which can be used by the team in the future.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Grants Manager
Job ID 2020-1404
- Program Delivery (PDEL) – Pact exists to help create a world where those who are poor and marginalized exercise their voice, build their own solutions, and take ownership of their future.
- The Program Delivery Team, contributes to realizing this purpose by: Forging smart partnerships and treating all people with dignity and respect; Applying organizational policies and regulatory compliance appropriately and consistently; Facilitating team spirit among colleagues and promoting the organization through communications; Influencing decision makers through focused, relevant communications; Continually striving to learn and share knowledge and find small ways to make the workplace more enjoyable for all; Cultivating and harvesting innovation; Contributing to the organization’s ability to think and act strategically at all times; Inspiring and spreading our desired organizational culture across the global enterprise.
- Pact seeks a Senior Grants Officer that will provide overall leadership and oversight for all aspects related to grants and contracts.
- This requires close collaboration with Pact HQ and Pact regional offices to ensure application of Pact regulations and policies as well as periodic review of such policies and regulations to ensure that they continue to reflect the current donor environment, regulations and practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or a related field;
- At least seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in grant management including at least three (3) years of post-qualification experience as a grant manager with a reputable organization administering grants and sub-awards; and
- Previous experience in building or enhancing CSOs financial management capacity through grant administration.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and English oral and written communication skills; demonstrated supervisory skills; and the ability to work well on a team.
- Previous experience in building or enhancing civil society organization financial management capacity
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc., and the ability to use various commercially available accounting software programs.
- Administer the full cycle of grants management activities beginning from pre-award assessments, monitoring/compliance visits and close-out procedures.
- Award and administer sub-contract(s) and consultant agreements necessary to support local programs and projects
- Ensure proper negotiation of the terms and conditions and their documentation for sub-grants and contracts, including for grants to government bodies.
- Develop contract and grant award documents
- Respond to issues that arise during grant, subgrant, and contract program implementation including financial reporting, modifications, oversight of compliance with terms and conditions and resolution of disputes, and resolving audit findings.
- Provide policy guidance and interpretation for program staff as well as sub-grantees.
- Ensure timely training of grantees and Pact staff to understand and comply fully with donor standards. Carry out regular trainings as needs arise from grantees. Develop training materials and carry-out regular trainings with grantee partners.
- Develop a local contracts and grants management manual that that is updated and accurately represents the procedures carried out by Pact
- Ensure that office systems for grants and contracts administration are fully up to date and maintained and that regular reports are provided to Pact’s headquarters office.
- Respond to inquiries regarding compliance with terms and conditions under awards from a variety of donors. When required, prepare requests for and obtain clearances / approvals / deviations from donors.
- Ensure that all required documentation is available and stored as per Pact regulations.
- Assist with reviewing budget estimates for allowability, reasonableness and consistency.
- Oversee closeout of awards, and provide oversight to staff for closeout of awards including preparation of final inventories, property disposition under contracts and grants received by Pact.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online