The World Bank Group – Established in 1944, the WBG is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for development solutions. In fiscal year 2018, the WBG committed $67 billion in loans, grants, equity investments and guarantees to its members and private businesses, of which $24 billion was concessional finance to its poorest members. It is governed by 188-member countries and delivers services out of 120 offices with nearly 15,000 staff located globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Investment Analyst
Job #: req7053
Term Duration: 2 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
- Do you want to build a career that is full of meaning and impact? The International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. Working with more than 2,000 businesses worldwide, we use our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities where they are needed most. Visit www.ifc.org
- IFC’s Corporate Finance Services unit (CFS), which focuses on Merger & Acquisition (M&A) Advisory, assists clients to: assess and select potential markets for entry/expansion at a regional, country and city level; identify, shortlist and select targets for acquisition or partnership; support valuation, negotiations and transaction execution, including facilitation of investor’s due diligence up to deal closure; optimize financing structures and attract third party funding; and advise on a balance sheet restructuring and value realization strategies.
- The CFS unit is looking to recruit an Analyst to be based in West Africa who will support management and the Africa regional CFS team. The ideal candidate will have finance/accounting experience and prior investment banking transaction experience, with knowledge of the M&A process, drafting info memos / teasers, reaching out to investors, etc.
- The candidate must be a self-starter, capable of taking initiative to cover a range of tasks, able to thrive in a small, entrepreneurial team/environment and be able to work independently with a minimal supervision.
Duties and Accountabilities
- He/she will work closely with team leaders as part of the project team to assist in the origination, due diligence, structuring, negotiation and closing of M&A transactions.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Support the CFS team in providing buy-side & sell-side advisory services to private/public clients looking to complete cross-border transactions, with a focus on Chinese companies expanding overseas.
- Manage multiple M&A projects by working directly with client management teams, senior bankers. across various industry and regional teams at IFC.
- Conduct extensive market, industry and cross-border M&A research for project execution, business development and team strategy purposes.
- Monitor and update pipeline of current and upcoming projects.
- Prepare various memorandums for IFC internal processes and support department wide initiatives to improve systems and project delivery.
- Work with IFC legal team to draft legal documents (i.e. Non-disclosure Agreements, MOUs, Non-binding Offers, Binding Offers, Share Purchase Agreements, Shareholders Agreements, etc.)
- Execute transactions working closely with clients to facilitate negotiations and due diligence.
- Create client pitch books for business development and transaction marketing materials, including teasers and information memorandums, in Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Create detailed financial models and conduct extensive valuation analyses utilizing M&A accretion/ dilution, sum-of-the-parts, discounted cash flow, comparable company and precedent transaction analyses.
- At least two (2) years Investment Banking experience, ideally in M&A advisory
- Undergraduate degree with top credentials and a preferable minor/focus on Finance, Accounting or Economics.
- Basic-to-intermediate understanding of corporate finance, including experience with various financial and valuation analyses.
- Interest and knowledge of private sector participation/development issues, knowledge of overall industry sector trends.
- Ability to work across project teams to prioritize and deliver according to deadlines.
- Experience in financial modeling, including detailed financial statement analysis, projection forecasting and multiple scenario analysis, and M&A accretion / dilution, capital structure, sum-of-the-parts, discounted cash flow, comparable company and precedent transaction analyses.
- Exposure to and prior participation in the M&A Advisory work is ideal.
- Ability to recognize and extract critical information from large volumes of data in a simple manner.
- Strong knowledge of Power Point; high standard of quality control with required attention to written detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Fluency/knowledge of foreign language(s) such as French and/or Mandarin is a plus.
- Prior exposure to client engagement, deal negotiations and mandate-signing activities are a plus.
- Good grasp & understanding of different types of debt, mezzanine and equity securities.
- Excellent written expression, ability to synthesize complex technical information and create clear, logical, compelling stories.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 7th May, 2020; 11:59pm UTC