APM Terminals is the global terminal operating arm of the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group. APM Terminals operates a Global Terminal Network of 76 operating port and terminal facilities and 117 Inland Services operations in 59 countries around the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: HSE Supervisor
- Promote the delivery of continuous improvement and constant drive towards incident free operations.
- Assist, support, and monitor the implementation of the HSE strategy.
- Influence colleagues and key stakeholders within the business to become effective HSE Leaders.
- Lead by example, assure conformance with business unit HSE policies & procedures, and enforce safe working practices across the site.
- Take corrective action when defects are identified.
- Develop HSE improvement plans and report on performance improvement.
- Support and develop others at all levels in the business unit to perform their work in a safe, healthy and environmentally responsible way.
- Engage and motivate operational team..
- Ensure that all contractor activities within the premises as well as daily operations are done in compliance with HSE regulations and in conformance with APMT PTW standards.
- Work cross-functionally to support HSE and Risk Management programs.
- Support with Incident Investigation.
- Assure contractor/vendor conformance with business unit HSE requirements and compliance with applicable legislation.
- Assure that all contractor activities within the premises as well as daily operations are done in compliance with HSE regulations and in conformance with APMT HSE standards.
- Liaise with staff, contractors, vendors and other divisions within company to ensure that compliance is achieved.
Training & Coaching:
- Support the development and delivery of HSE on-the-job training.
- Promote the HSE culture through proactive monitoring and assessment of the HSE competence plan.
- Drive the HSE culture by recognizing core HSE values across the business.
- Maintain and improve your own Health, Safety and Environment competencies.
We are looking for:
- HSE Qualification such as NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent
- Technical member of IOSH.
- Minimum 3 years experience in HSE/Terminal operation with a proven track record in the delivery of business objectives.
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate across the organization.
- Extensive knowledge of APM Terminals Operational Practices.
- Effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills and strong influencing skills.
- Ability to provide leadership, obtain cooperation, and assistance to meet objectives.
- Proficiency in English
- Excellent use of Microsoft Office Applications.
- Must hold a valid Driver’s license with driving experience (manual).
Job Title: Employee Relations Specialist
Department: Human Resources
- Supports in establishing a positive and engaging workplace culture by effectively facilitating and resolving employee relations matters.
- Provides day-to-day advice and counsel to managers on a wide range of employee relations issues including progressive counseling, performance management, company policies and procedures.
- Serves as a trusted advisor to Managers and HR team, consults, advises, coaches, educates and provides decision making support to the business on a variety of employee relations issues.
- Identifies and recommends strategies to address current and future employee relations and retention needs.
- Mitigates risk by ensuring compliance with APM Terminals policies & local labor laws.
- Evaluates and reviews employee related decisions in response to employee concerns.
- Identifies, analyses and implements resolutions to complex and sensitive issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Leads and conducts investigations regarding potential misconduct and policy violations.
- Supports the outcome of cases throughout partnership with the business.
- Supports the organization with legislatively compliant implementation of initiatives.
- Uses metrics to highlight trends and develop strategies to foster positive employee relations.
- Make recommendations based on assessment of trend and root cause analysis.
- Assist in executing certain collective bargaining and/or union activities, including agreements.
- Mediate any issues of conflict that may have been escalated due to differences between management; union and employees.
- Track and ensure compliance against labor legislative requirements and conditions of employment.
- Maintains a database of key contacts, important to the work of employee relations.
- Observes social, economic and political trends that might ultimately have an effect upon the organization, and makes recommendations to enhance the company’s image based on those trends.
- Acts as a liaison for senior management on community issues and affairs, advising them of sensitive and/or important issues for the community, and recommending plans of action, when appropriate.
- Manage relationship with external labor providers ensuring that such providers are legislatively compliant.
- Avoid labor disputes through the establishment of good relationships between all stakeholders.
We are looking for
- Requires a university degree in Human Resources Management or related discipline.
- Minimum of 4-6 years Human Resources/Employee Relations experience.
- Experience working in a Union environment as a spokesperson for negotiations, grievance proceedings and proactive in day to day labor relations management.
- Knowledge of Compensation and Reward Philosophies.
- Ability to anticipate issues/needs and to work proactively to address them.
- Comprehensive knowledge in employment, employee relations practices and principles, and current laws impacting human resources.
- Sound analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving and negotiating skills, with the ability to understand broad HR issues and to resolve conflict situations.
- Thorough understanding of investigative methods and principles.
- Thoroughly knowledgeable in various international labor relations standards.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels of employees.
- Requires strong negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and good judgment, and to understand the effect of decisions overall in the company.
- Ability to handle confidential company and employee information with complete discretion.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to extract, compile and analyze data.
- Requires advanced verbal and written communications skills in English, in addition to effective interpersonal skills.
Job Title: Finance Manager
- Ensure safe and sound status of liquid fund, improve net working capital management, maintain proactive dialogue and follow up with accounts receivable key stakeholders.
- Thorough analysis and review dig deeper in the data reported and improve the quality of the reports including commentary for Managing Director and SMT members.
- Fixed Asset Register and depreciation.
- Spare Parts inventory account management.
- Accounts Receivable: Credit Control: Receipting.
- Accounts Payable: Supplier payment in accordance with company authorization/approvals.
- To co-ordinate with GSC and ensure that off-shored tasks are carried out timely, accurately and completely.
- To oversee the operations of the Payables function to ensure vendors are paid accurately and efficiently.
- To oversee the performance of receivables function to ensure customer invoices are correctly and timely issued.
- Ensure that local finance and controls are complete, accurate and timely in line with global guidelines and local laws and regulations.
- Drive TCO (Take Cost Out) and Revenue Improvement initiatives as per Annual Operating Plan.
- Revenue and Cost accruals as per APM GAAP and IAS.
- Payroll: manage timely payment of payroll and adherence to payroll tax.
- Verification of statutory deductions (PAYE/NHF/Pension).
We are looking for
- Requires at least five years of progressively more responsible general accounting and finance experience preferably in the private sector, and in transportation or related industry.
- Some knowledge of Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and Release management tools would be an advantage
- Potentially also Microsoft application development experience.
- Ability to effectively express and present ideas/information within the team, good written and spoken English
- APM Terminals Apapa Ltd. offers tremendous growth, career and leadership opportunities for those with the ambition, drive and dedication to become one of the best. If you see yourself being part of a team that helps the global economy grow through our worldwide network of customers and terminals, then we definitely want to hear from you!
- Working at APM Terminals brings a unique blend of being part of an exuberant, enthusiastic and fast-paced logistics company. You will have the opportunity to be exposed to various fields of expertise, from operations to customer service that will accelerate your development. We believe in encouraging our employees to learn, take risks, and grow their careers.
Job Title: Head of Technical
Health Safety & Environmental:
- Lead by example, ensuring compliance with local HSSE policies & procedures, enforcing safe working practices and promoting a safe workplace.
- Promotes the delivery of continuous improvement and constant drive towards incident free operations.
- Ensures the development and adoption of best practices and ways of working developed through controlled Management of Change.
- Preserve energy efficiency by using natural resources effectively and efficiently, protecting the natural environment.
- Provide leadership and strategy to Equipment Managers and specialists.
- Consistently ensure that service of the highest quality is delivered to customers.
- Define and track global and local KPIs and targets whilst reporting deviations from targets, developing improvement actions where necessary.
- Deploy the machinery, procedures and workforce needed to support the operational plan, working closely with all support functions to ensure stability and high productivity levels.
- Encourage the use of new processes, procedures and technology to enhance operational performance and efficiency.
- Develop and manage 5-year Asset Maintenance business plan for the terminal.
- Implement global maintenance strategies for all terminal and facilities maintenance, considering local legislation and variances.
- Perform medium and long-term planning for asset purchase, refurbishment and disposal to maintain overall asset integrity and ensure achievement of operational targets, considering total cost of ownership.
- Accountable for the integrity of all terminal assets, facilities and infrastructure.
- Ensure inspections, surveys and audits are performed as required on all assets.
- Ensure all operational and technical risks are identified, reviewed and suitable mitigations are put in place.
- Ensure inspections, surveys and audits are performed as required on all assets.
- Identify and manage Asset Maintenance resource requirements for the next 5 years, aligned with operational and commercial forecasts.
- Responsible for efficiently deploying the equipment, procedures and human resources necessary to accomplish local operational plans.
- Work closely with the APMT global and local Human Resources Department to obtain clarification, direction, and consultation regarding employee related matters.
- Build a strong team by attracting and retaining talent.
- Provide effective overall management, supervision, coaching, mentoring and support for all direct reports.
- Create and sustain an environment that is supportive of learning, training and development, whilst facilitating open dialogue and communications so that terminal operations and activities can run effectively and efficiently.
- Reinforce APM Group culture, values & reputation and ensure compliance with APM Group policies, standards and procedures.
- Support Global Asset Maintenance Operating System and maintain regular contact with peers from other APMT terminals.
- Manage local budgets and develop business cases, and technical equipment reports, as required.
- Approve and authorise local expenditures and develop cost estimations pertaining to technical equipment maintenance and repair.
- Develop and annually review ‘total cost of ownership’ model for all terminal equipment.
- Assist the Global Head of Asset Maintenance to develop and manage the Maintenance & Repair Department budget in accordance with APMT company business strategy.
We are looking for
- Minimum university degree in engineering or relevant field.
- Requires five years’ experience leading maintenance and repair departments.
- Requires excellent organization skills, including planning, directing and monitoring activities.
- Requires good problem-solving skills, with an ability to define the problem, identify solutions and select the best solution.
- Experience in productivity optimization through process optimization.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with ability to empower others to take action.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate across the local organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills able to build relationships and manage multiple stakeholders’ interests toward a common business benefit.
- Able to exercise discretion and good judgment, with an ability to understand the overall effect of decisions taken, both locally and company-wide.
- Able to handle confidential company and employee information with complete discretion.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, including the ability to consider complex and ambiguous situations objectively, whilst applying full consideration of causes, implications on business and stakeholders.
- Fluent in English and local language (where applicable).
- Knowledge of local Safety, Health and Environment workplace regulations.
- Strong knowledge in computer skills and professional programs (i.e.: Microsoft Office, Database, EPR/CMMS systems).
- Knowledge and experience in quality management and customer satisfaction principles.
- APM Terminals Apapa Ltd. offers tremendous growth, career and leadership opportunities for those with the ambition, drive and dedication to become one of the best.
- If you see yourself being part of a team that helps the global economy grow through our worldwide network of customers and terminals, then we definitely want to hear from you!
- Working at APM Terminals brings a unique blend of being part of an exuberant, enthusiastic and fast-paced logistics company.
- You will have the opportunity to be exposed to various fields of expertise, from operations to customer service that will accelerate your development. We believe in encouraging our employees to learn, take risks, and grow their careers.
- APM Terminals offers tremendous growth, career and leadership opportunities for those with the ambition, drive and dedication to become one of the best.
- An opportunity to be part of a high performance team that ensures APM Terminals is the most efficient, safe and profitable terminals in the region.
Application Deadline 7th May, 2020.