Partners Worldwide is a global network of partners working to End poverty through business so that all may have abundant life.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Partnership Manager
Department: Program Team
Reports to: Regional Partnership Manager- West Africa
FLSA Status: Full-time, Exempt
- Encourage healthy business-oriented partnerships that grow businesses, create jobs, and transform lives by mobilizing long-term, hands-on global relationships to form a powerful Christian network that uses business as the way to create flourishing economic environments in all parts of the world.
- Responsible for the implementation of Partners Worldwide Mission, Vision and strategy in Nigeria. Facilitate the growth and development of a partnership network that uses business as the way to create flourishing economic environments.
- Primary area of responsibility is equipping and fostering the growth of new and existing Local Community Institutions (LCIs) and facilitating partnerships, relationships and communication between those LCIs, Business Affiliate (BA) members, and Partners Worldwide team members.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Partnership Development & Maintenance:
- Identify synergies and facilitate effective alliances across existing partnerships to strengthen impacts collectively
- Develop or collect effective tools and resources (business training, mentoring tools, business as calling materials, etc.) and share them with affiliates, Regional Partnership Manager (RPM), and Regional Director (RD).
- Develop and execute country growth strategy in collaboration key partners and team members within context of PW strategic organizational direction
Building Capabilities of the LCI’s:
- Facilitate communication between the LCI leaders and BA leaders, through existing and new communication tools (web-based project management, e-mail, conference calls, etc.):
- Train, coach, and consult leadership and membership of the BAs and LCIs
- Ensure relevant up-to-date understanding of local context, trends, and needs via periodic visits to LCIs, and the businesses they serve, to augment the partnership effectiveness throughout the year
- Equip and foster the growth of new LCIs, strategic alliances and partnerships where and when appropriate
- Develop access to capital strategy and monitor implementation, to include PW or PWE loans as necessary
Facilitating Annual Plans & Monitoring:
- Equip and monitor the creation and implementation of Annual Partnership Plans (APP) for each partnership.
- Communicate regularly with BA and LCI leaders to drive implementation of plans agreed to in the APP
- Assist and equip LCI leaders to submit timely and accurate quarterly loan metrics, semi-annual outcome and activity measures and annual LCI Loan Fund reports from each partnership
- Coordinate and facilitate regular planning, progress and prayer calls for all partnerships
- Responsibly manage Nigeria expenses within the annual budget and strategy
- Grow revenue to become a sustainable national revenue center
Research and contribute to country growth strategy:
- Further develop the 3-year country growth strategy within the PW strategic organizational direction to move the organization forward, in collaboration with the Regional Partnership Manager and the country/regional advisory board.
- Develop or collect effective tools and resources (business training, mentoring tools) and share them with the Regional Partnership Manager. Identify synergies and facilitate effective alliances across existing partnerships to strengthen impacts collectively.
- Facilitate the development and launch of an in-country advisory board.
- Implement and maintain the legal registration of Partners Worldwide according to Nigeria’s national law requirements.
Leadership Development, Boards, Legal Management:
- Make recommendations to the Regional Partnership Manager and Regional Director for necessary policies or procedures and ensure adherence to them
- Participate in PW staff calls, and other internal taskforce teams as requested. Actively participate in the Partnership Manager Task Force led by the Partnership Operations Manager.
- Assist in the selection, orientation and oversight of national and/or international interns in your region of responsibility
- Maintain or aid in the legal registration of Partners Worldwide according to national law requirements
- Research and report on investment opportunities. This should include the market research and the legal framework for foreign investors within the country. Further, highlight opportunities and threats for various models of investment (e.g. direct investment, co-investment, opportunities to invest in firms that sub-invest, etc.)
Reporting / Coordinating Logistics & Updates:
- Facilitate partnership trips abroad and lead or accompany a partner, if requested
- Initiate pre-trip and post trip communications: with BA trip participants including reminders to follow-through on information sheets and waivers, orientation materials, travel information, insurance, pictures, stories, volunteer logs, etc. with LCI and BA team leaders on trip objectives, planning and logistics
Ambassadors / Reps of the PW Brand, Vision & Model:
- Intentionally develop constructive relationships with LCI leaders to support the partnership understanding of key trends and issues confronting the organization
- Develop and produce marketing and communication assets/stories to support newsletters and other donor communications, as needed
- Manage projects toward translation of Partners Worldwide Business Curricula and other tools, as needed.
- Promote Partners Worldwide in the region and engage in cross-agency initiatives to advocate for issues impacting those we serve. Maintain relationships with leaders and organizations with similar or complementary goals in Nigeria.
- Research, identify & report potential donor development and revenue opportunities to further develop financial sustainability. Continue to update database of potential partners and submit monthly to Regional Partnership Manager, Regional Director, and Director of Engagement to review and act on (e.g. individual donors, churches, businesses or CSR, family foundations, or training modules).
Education / Experience / Qualifications
- College or graduate education in Business, Finance, Economic Development, International Business Development, or a related field from a reputable accredited University
- 3+ years’ experience working in business development in the private or non-profit sectors
- Demonstrated competency in multiple of the following areas: small business development, business mentoring, cross-cultural communications, business training, agriculture and agriculture value chain development, business networks, small business lending and finance, and organizational sustainability
- Knowledge of business development and community development issues in region of responsibility
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Skype, and online reporting systems
- A sincere Christian faith, life style and values that are reflected daily; uphold Christian principles and demonstrate exemplary servant leadership at all times as an image bearer of God. In addition, this person will demonstrate the ability to relate well with Partners leaders in the promotion of God’s Kingdom through business development programs;
- Permanent resident of Nigeria or the ECOWAS region
- Ability to travel, including valid/current passport to allow for international travel
Ancillary Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversight and consulting of local programs and impact reporting to support foundation or donor reporting requirements
- As requested, help with international conference planning, training and logistics (orientation, travel and lodging)
- Support local conference strategy execution, if relevant in the country.
- Maintain relationship with the Curriculum Coach within Nigeria, appoint or develop additional coaches as demand increases, and facilitate Train-the-Trainer planning and implementation with LCIs and coaches.
- Coordinate and plan national and regional networking forums
- Provide training, oversight and evaluation of international and national interns
- Facilitate partnership trips abroad and lead, or accompany an affiliate, if requested.
- Participate with Nigeria advisory board
- Other duties as assigned
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online