Music In Africa is the largest resource for information and exchange in and for the African music sector. A non-profit initiative, Music In Africa provides seamless opportunities for artists to promote their music, connect and learn about the diverse sector. The Music In Africa portal is owned and governed by the Music In Africa Foundation- a pan-African organisation with operations across the continent.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Regional Editor – West Africa
Starting: June-July 2020
- Pan-African music information portal Music In Africa seeks an experienced and vibrant music journalist to assume the position of Regional Editor for West Africa in Lagos, Nigeria. The ideal candidate will have strong writing and editorial experience and excellent networking and organisational skills, as well as a passion for African music. Candidates based in Accra, Ghana, will be considered.
- Relevant tertiary qualification (Diploma / Degree in Journalism, Communications etc).
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience as an editor/writer (web and/or print)
- Strong management, coordination and organisational skills.
- Excellent networking skills.
- Familiarity with the African music sector and a good network of relevant contacts.
- Knowledge of social networks and how they are being used to drive content.
- Strong knowledge of Content Management Systems, SEO, social media principles and digital content creation.
- Excellent written skills in English, ideally with sub-editing and translating experience.
- Flawless attention to detail.
- Ability to manage an office.
- Ability to work under pressure. Must be able to work long hours, especially when deadlines are looming.
- French is a plus.
- Assume overall responsibility for content production for the whole West Africa Anglophone region.
- Develop sound content plans and ensure full implementation.
- Write, publish and moderate content on the portal.
- Build a strong team of contributors for the region.
- Prepare newsletter content.
- Ensure consistent and organised communication with users, management and content providers.
- Drive social media campaigns.
- Attend and review industry events, expos, forums and conferences.
- Build and maintain relationships with existing and new partners to enhance the project.
- Represent Music In Africa at conferences, festivals and other relevant events.
- Collaborate with other regional editors and contributors on social media and SEO strategies to increase engagement across the Music In Africa footprint.
- Ensure consistent and organised communication with content providers.
- Perform the day-to-day administration duties of the project and other duties as needed.
Deadline: 28th May, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and a short motivation Letter plus three links or copies of recent articles to ‘Kalin Pashaliev” via: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.
- Applicants who do not hear from us by 15 June 2020 may consider their applications unsuccessful.
- No chancers. This job is for motivated self-starters who do not need reminders to fulfil their duties. Flawless planning and editorial skills are a must. If your work would require other people to sub then this job is definitely not for you.