Chemonics International – We’re one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional Manager
- Chemonics International, a leading international organization based in Washington, D.C., seeks Regional Managers for offices in Adamawa, Kano, Bauchi, and Borno for the USAID funded Strategic HIV/AIDS Response Program (SHARP) Task Order 03 activity in Nigeria.
- This activity aims to identify and support proven interventions through improvement of service delivery and strengthening health systems with an expanded effort with the Government of Nigeria (GON) in Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Jigawa, Kano and Yobe State. The objectives of the activity include:
- Targeted and efficient HIV and TB case identification and linkage to care and treatment;
- Enrollment of patients on HIV/AIDS therapy with adequate adherence and minimal loss to follow-up;
- Successfully suppress HIV viral load; and
- Increase GON capacity to expand, coordinate and finance HIV/AIDS and TB services. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine, Public Health, Epidemiology, or a related field;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant development experience working as a manager in public health programs in a developing country
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and experience in components of HIV/AIDS programming, as well as cross-cutting areas such as Health Systems Strengthening (HSS)
- Proven experience analyzing data and leading service scale-up
- Proven experience utilizing data to increase efficiency and streamline programs
- Experience with USAID projects and familiarity with USAID rules and regulations preferred
- Candidates currently residing in the states of Adamawa, Kano, Bauchi, or Borno highly preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility and integrity
- Fluency in English required
- Provide leadership and support the technical director with clinical and technical direction to reduce HIV incidences and AIDS-related mortality by increasing access to and the use of treatment and precention services for all populations, as well as by strengthening Ministry of Health governance
- Supervise clinical teams, technical specialists, and staff while working closely with other project staff and Chemonics home office staff
- Use surveillance data to inform programming for activities that permit it to achieve epidemic controls for all genders, ages, and risk groups
- Scale evidence-informed combination prevention
- Integrate data from legacy systems into a central data system to include patient management, commodities, and laboratory data
- Ensure the technical soundness and appropriateness of all project assitance and clinical service delivery
- Oversee and monitor site level performance, including clinical work planning, performance management, case finding, and care continuum linkage approaches
- Identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner and appropriate program adjustments
- Foster and demostrate a workplace inclusive of creating opprtunity, serving others, building trust, innovation and exceeding expectations
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required
Deadline: 24th April, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the positions are filled. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
- The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/