Creative Associates International provides outstanding, on-the-ground development services and forges partnerships to deliver sustainable solutions to global challenges. Its experts focus on building inclusive educational systems, transitioning communities from conflict to peace, developing sustainable economic growth, engaging youth, promoting transparent elections and more. Creative is recognized for its ability to quickly adapt and excel in conflict and post-conflict environments.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior Systems Strengthening Advisor
Requisition No.: SENIO01972
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Programs
This position is for an upcoming education project in Nigeria, which seeks to improve student access to school and literacy outcomes in a language they use and understand in Grades 1-3 in select areas of Nigeria, equitably and sustainably.
- The Senior Systems Strengthening Advisor provides technical support and guidance to the project’s work in strengthening systems to improve the literacy outcomes of students in Grades 1-3.
- The Senior Systems Strengthening Advisor’s work will be primarily concentrated in the areas of support and capacity building for targeted states, local governments, and education authorities to adopt and implement pro-poor, evidence-based data driven policies and approaches to effectively leverage and use their financial, human and materials resources.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Senior Systems Strengthening Advisor reports to the Deputy Chief of Party and will directly supervise program staff.
- Provides technical leadership to the project team, USAID, and other stakeholders on high-quality capacity development interventions;
- Supervises and provides quality assurance to the production of activity-supported capacity building materials, trainings, coaching, and assessments;
- Ensures that activities and approaches across geographic areas are complementary and equitable, including underserved populations and those in need of inclusive education;
- Liaises with government representatives and technicians on technical matters; and
- Manages, leads, and mentors technical staff.
- Facilitates a process with state governments and other stakeholders to map and review existing policy, capacity and resource gaps and develop context appropriate action plans;
- Improves the capacity of government education officials to develop leadership, managerial, and supervisory skills to effectively implement and track progress against policies and regulations with regard to access and reading;
- Provides coaching on various issues including data analysis and evidence-based decision making, monitoring, and staff mentoring;
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree or higher in education policy or related field;
- At least eight (8) years of experience in leadership development and support to education programs required;
- At least four (4) years’ experience improving educational quality in developing countries;West Africa, Nigeria experience preferred;
- Demonstrated experience working with government agencies, actors, and other stakeholders at the national and state levels in Nigeria;
- Prior experience with the design of evidence-based education programming, and in building capacity ineffective use of data for decision-making at all levels of the education system;
- Demonstrated capacity to lead workshops, trainings, and strategic planning sessions;
- Professional proficiency and fluency in written and spoken English;
- Fluency in relevant languages of instruction (Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba) highly desired.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
- Position contingent upon donor funding.