Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, international organisation. The organisation is made up mainly of doctors and health sector workers and is also open to all other professions which might help in achieving its aims.
Médecins Sans Frontières provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict. They do so irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
The below vacancy is open to all residents of Nigeria:
Job Title: Construction Supervisor
Location: Abakiliki, Ebonyi
Contract Period: One Month with possibility of extension
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervising and monitoring the implementation of the daily building and rehabilitation activities in the project, according to MSF standards, protocols and procedures in order to ensure the efficient running of the project
- Supervising and monitoring on a day-to-day basis the implementation of the building and rehabilitation activities in the project ensuring compliance of MSF standards, protocols and procedures. This includes the following tasks:
- Analyzing, according to customer requirements and MSF programs, the needs for construction/rehabilitation works and reporting to the line manager accordingly, in order to provide the necessary information to find an appropriate and efficient solution, including planning of (financial, technical, material and human) resources that meet the mission needs
- Organizing and supervising call for tenders (architect office, company tendering) activities in order to ensure the best technical and financial conditions
- Performing delegated tasks according to his her specialty and as specified in his/her job description.
- Supervising and following up through regular visits the work of construction and/or rehabilitation in progress, in order to ensure deadlines, budget and technical specifications and to early detect potential deviations
- Negotiating agreements and permissions for construction/ rehabilitation projects, establishing regular contacts with local authorities, in order to ensure all required documentation is filled upon and to avoid delays
Minimum Required Skills and Qualifications
- Education: Construction / Civil Engineering degree or BSc in Architecture / Construction
- Experience: 2-year minimum experience in similar jobs
- Languages: English Language and Igbo language essential
- Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
Deadline: 18th May, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application including Cover Letter, Resume and copy of relevant degrees, certificates and NYSC certificate/exemption letter indicating the following below to: Msfocb-Ebonyiemail@example.com (SoftCopy)
Send Hard Copy to:
MSF Belgium Human Resources Office,
Plot D33 Libration Estate (after the Enugu/Abakaliki Express)
Abakaliki, Ebonyi State.
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen below:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- NYSC status
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer, both men and women are encouraged to apply.
- Please note only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interview; MSF Belgium takes this opportunity to thank all potential candidates for their application.