The International Monetary Fund (IMF) is an organization of 189 countries, working to foster global monetary cooperation, secure financial stability, facilitate international trade, promote high employment and sustainable economic growth, and reduce poverty around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Experienced Macroeconomist
Job Number: 2000322
- The IMF is inviting applications from Experienced Economists to join the Mid-Career Pipeline – an initiative to build a competitive pool of ready-to-hire Economists for positions to across the Fund.
As an IMF Economist, you will:
- Join one of the largest teams of economists focused on macroeconomics anywhere in the world.
- Contribute to a wide range of challenging policy issues that span different branches of economics by providing analysis, policy, and program design, and capacity development to help our member countries address their specific economic challenges.
- Work from our headquarters in Washington DC to build collaborative relationships with colleagues across the IMF, as well as with key institutions, authorities, and leaders around the world to develop creative solutions to evolving global economic challenges.
- We are seeking experienced economists from around the world who have:
- An advanced degree (Master’s/PhD) in Macroeconomics or a related field such as Monetary Economics, Financial Economics, Public Finance, International Trade, or Econometrics
- Relevant professional experience at the national and regional levels in macroeconomic policy, quantitative techniques, and country surveillance, usually gained in a central bank, ministry of finance, or international financial institution. Experience in a research institute or academia is also acceptable if it is combined with some exposure to macroeconomic policy making. Specific credentials are:
- PhD with three to ten years of relevant work experience
- Master’s with seven to fourteen years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in quantitative modeling and econometrics to support analysis and policy formulation
- Strong interpersonal, communications and writing skills, and excellent written and oral communication skills in English. Working proficiency in Arabic, French, Portuguese or Spanish is a plus.
- Ability to deal effectively and diplomatically with member country authorities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Important Information / Notice
- We will conduct an initial screening based on your application form and supporting documentation. If you are successful in meeting our initial criteria, you will receive an invitation to participate in a video interview. If selected following your HireVue interview, you will receive an invitation for a preliminary interview. Successful candidates will be invited to participate in final assessments comprising of a panel interview, written test and technical presentation.
- We are keen to hear from adaptable, talented, and technically competent candidates who are curious and can find creative ways to address today’s global economic challenges. If you are interested in being part of a team that contributes to promoting economic stability on a global stage, we welcome your application.
- The IMF is committed to achieving a diverse staff, including gender, nationality, culture and educational background. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.