Millie’s International School – We are an ambitious British International school with rich, innovative and exciting curriculum; giving all our pupils the opportunity to be successful.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Experienced Primary Teacher (Key Stage 1 & 2)
- We are looking for enthusiastic and dedicated class teachers to join our staff team. Our goal is to provide outstanding education and life changing opportunities for all our children. We want to be recognized for academic excellence and having a reputation for giving pupils the critical skills and knowledge necessary to be successful in education, employment and life.
- Demonstrate initiative and a commitment to your own professional development
- To have the ability to develop and maintain good professional relationships and contribute positively to curriculum development
- Ability to set high standards and provide role modelling for staff and pupils
- Have high expectations for behaviour, attainment and progress
- To join our team therefore, you will need a good understanding about your role within our school and your willingness to actively embrace this will be essential
- For your application to be successful, you must meet the following criteria:
- Have high expectations of all children and the ability to inspire and motivate learners
- Be an excellent class teacher
Knowledge and Understanding:
- Be a strong classroom practitioner with clear and thorough knowledge and understanding of the British National Curriculum and its application
- Demonstrate good subject and curriculum knowledge of the Primary Curriculum and its application
- Have a secure knowledge of the relevant subjects and curriculum areas and be able to teach a wide range of subjects for both key stages
- Have understanding of the importance of pupil tracking and progress
Qualification & Experience
- Minimum of B.Sc in Mathematics, Science, Social Science or related discipline. A postgraduate qualification is an added advantage.
- Have minimum of 3 years verifiable teaching experience in a similar role.
Skills and Aptitudes:
- Be a specialist in Mathematics, Literacy and Diction as well as having sound knowledge of English language concepts. Familiarity with the Nelson Handwriting scheme is an added advantage
- Be able to effectively use a variety of teaching and organisational styles and resources including ICT
- Be able to provide our pupils engaging and exciting learning experiences by planning and teaching well structured lessons
- Be able to impart knowledge and develop understanding through effective use of lesson time
- Ability to work with and deploy resources effectively
- Good classroom management skills
- Be a well-organised team player with excellent communication skills
- Be able to work effectively as a member of a team
- Be able to nurture and develop the students’ love of education through own passion for teaching; being a life-long learner and seeking to communicate a genuine love of learning through lessons.
Deadline: 31st August 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letters to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Interested candidates MUST demonstrate Primary Education teaching and experience of the British National Curriculum on their CV and cover letter
- MUST reside in Ibadan and be able to commute to Jericho, Ibadan
- Do not respond to this advert if you do not meet the requirements listed above