Havana Specialist Hospital is a foremost Nigerian private hospital where multidisciplinary medicine is practiced at the highest level. Since her inception in the year 1983 Havana Specialist Hospital has continued to be a pace setter in medical service delivery in Lagos and Nigeria at large. To this effect, Havana has since grown to become one of the best hospitals in Nigeria and has been acknowledged by several awards and prestigious recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: House Officer
Overall Purpose of the Job
- The House officer shall actively participate in a range of medical examinations and assessments for patients as required as well as responsible for the completion of discharge summaries and coding sheets.
Qualification and Experience
- Must have completed a program in Bachelors of Medicine and Surgery (MBBS) in a recognized academic institution.
- Must possess an MBBS Degree and Provisional Registration with the Medical and Dental council of Nigeria (MDCN).
- Ability to utilize various Microsoft Office applications/software.
- Primary Focus on Customer Service.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Follow all policies and procedures laid out by Havana Specialist Hospital including but not limited to:
- Company Policy and Procedures
- Clinical Treatment Policy and Procedures.
- Assist the medical officers in the identification of patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand care requirements.
- Provide medical cover, routine and emergency life care services, during hours of duty and work in conjunction with the other medical officers and consultants to provide a 24 hour service to the hospital.
- Deciding the best form of treatment to give to a patient under the guidance of a medical officer/consultants.
- To make an entry in the patient’s notes as appropriate following ward rounds or any other patient examinations, communication or procedures.
- To provide urgent medical attention and urgent treatment to staff or visitors in case of accident or sudden illness in liaison with the senior nurse on duty.
- Have due regard for the reputation and interests of the Hospital at all times.
- Exercise due professional care in the management of patients who may be allotted to him/her within the limits of his/her own competence and experience.
- Undertake such duties as the Senior Medical Officer/Medical Director may determine either by roster or from time to time as occasion may demand.
- Consult with the Nurse in charge of Ward regarding treatment of patients. Instructions must be recorded on appropriate sheets in the medical record.
- Assist with & attend Outpatients sessions as rostered and carry out duties as directed by the SMO/Medical Officers.
- Establish effective and appropriate patterns of communication with clients, families, colleagues and management.
- To advise the MO/SMO as early as possible when unable to attend to rostered duties because of sickness, accident or other event or if it is necessary to leave the hospital during a period of duty.
- Maintain a proper record of symptoms, examinations and treatment of all patients allotted. Complete departmental request forms for diagnostic purposes in accordance with departmental and hospital regulation as well as to provide accurate medical reports for HMOs, Retainers, patients’ relatives or patients whenever demanded by the hospital’s billing unit or medical records unit, especially at points of discharge or referral.
- To undertake proper history taking, admission/discharge summaries and medical report writing.
- Participate in research programs as arranged by HSH or otherwise.
- Co-operate with and be prepared to participate in educational activities and programs.
- Report hazards, near misses and injuries immediately.
Deadline: 26th May, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as subject of the email.