Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Assistant
Location: Pulka LGA, Borno
- The purpose of this role is to provide administrative and logistical support for the new livelihood project in Borno state in line with policies of Plan International Nigeria, donor requirements and Nigerian laws.
Dimension of Role
- The post holder will contribute to the effective administration and logistics coordination in Pulka offices in Borno state, ensuring the interface between operations and programme team members.
- The post holder will support development of Plan Internationals implementing partners and staff capacity building. The post holder will supervise the driver.
Key Roles / Responsibilities
- Provide day-to-day support to staff in general office operations and identify future needs.
- Ensure timely welcome services, hotel and flights bookings and other support services for staff and visitors.
- Ensures that the SAP system is used to capture all necessary activities as required.
- Establish and maintain a well-functioning logistics support operation for the office – effective coordination and use of vehicles
- Coordinate logistics and procurement operations – Selection of vendors/suppliers
- Prepares and maintain records of all outstanding purchase orders with external vendors and arranges transportation and forwarding services for all orders to ensure delivery on schedule
- Prepare reports on personnel and material movement and ensure that reporting requirements are fulfilled in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure compliance with Plan International logistics standards and regulations
- Ensure appropriate request for quotation is placed and correct quotations received for processing
- Responsible for purchase order creation and maintenance in SAP
- Store and ware house Management using specified software
- Coordinate and management movement register for all staff and visitors in the Borno office
- Effective management of the office operations
- Prepare and file documents for signature and/or action, as necessary and ensure that that proper filing systems are in place for the office.
- Coordinates the planning and organization of meetings and workshops.
- Ensure that vehicles and all equipment are in good conditions and liaise with the Field office coordinator and Humanitarian Admin and Logistics Advisor about necessary repairs and improvements as necessary
- Arrange for the repair and maintenance of office equipment and machinery to ensure that staff works effectively without any disruptions.
- Perform any other project related duties as specified by the Field Coordinator and other dotted line management.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- Ordinary National Diploma or Higher Degree in Business / Public Administration or related field
- At least 2 – 4 years of experience working in administration and logistics generalist role in an INGO setting.
- Experience in use of SAP
- Fluency in English and Hausa with excellent writing and speaking skills is required.
- Excellent and demonstrable experience in procurement processes and logistics management.
- Demonstrable experience in office management and staff coordination.
- Knowledge and understanding of Nigeria’s policy environment
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including good listening skills, influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Capacity to build and maintain relationships and to work effectively in a multicultural and multi-ethnic environment respecting diversity.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player who demonstrates leadership and is able to support and train local and international staff and also able to work with disaster affected communities in a sensitive and participatory manner.
- Excellent negotiation, representation, skills and the ability to work comfortably with an ethnically diverse staff in a very sensitive environment.
- Strong organizational and work prioritization skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work cooperatively.
- Proven ability to solve problems independently without direct supervision.
- Good facilitation skills and ability to deliver induction briefing/training.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels, and to maintain this under pressure.
- Ability to work with limited supervision from line manager.
- Commitment and adherence to humanitarian values and standards
- Focussed and striving for the delivery of programme
- Cross-culturally agile
- Aware of own strengths, weaknesses and pro-active in using feedback and self-development
- Aware of impact on others and uses impact to create positive climate at work
- Works with trustworthiness and integrity and has a clear commitment to Plan International’s core values and humanitarian principles
- Resilience / Adaptability and flexibility: ability to operate effectively under extreme circumstances including stress, high security risks and harsh living conditions. Works and lives with a flexible, adaptable and resilient manner.
- Awareness and sensitivity of self and others: demonstrates awareness and sensitivity to gender and diversity. Have experience and the ability to live and work in diverse cultural contexts in a culturally appropriate manner. Has a capacity to make accurate self-assessment particularly in high stress and high security contexts.
- Patient, adaptable, flexible, able to improvise and remain responsive under pressure.
- Preparedness to live and work in uncertain security environments.
- Experience working in conflict or emergency-affected areas (or other situations where insecurity and corruption can be big issues).
Deadline: 10th June, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online