Sahel Consulting Agriculture & Nutrition Limited (SCANL) is a leading management consulting firm focused on the agricultural and nutrition sectors in Africa. We partner with government agencies, private sector companies and leading international development organizations to conduct research, analyze policies, develop strategies and implement programs that promote sustainable food security and improved nutrition. We have worked on a variety of projects across West Africa, including in Benin, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Mali, Nigeria, and Senegal.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Intern-Content Creator and Curator
- The Intern position is for young University graduates or National Youth Service Corps members with a passion for research and digital content creation, interested in getting exposed to the agriculture sector.
In this role, you will be required to fulfil the following primary responsibilities working as a member of the Nourishing Africa team:
- Prepare well-structured original content for the Nourishing Africa Hub
- Source, review, proofread and upload relevant content to the Hub
- Create questionnaires, polls and other feedback tools to apply to the Hub
- Curate and analyze feedback from entrepreneurs on the Hub and provide recommendations for improvement
- Assist the team in creating interactive strategies and campaigns to reach target
- audiences using the latest technologies and innovative practices
- Conduct industry-related research and interviews
- Assist the creative team with the design and promotion of content on social networks
- Assist in editorial coverage for all Nourishing Africa offline and online engagements
- Suggest new ways to promote Nourishing Africa offerings and to reach consumers.
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements
We are looking for candidates who are creative, self-motivated, committed to excellence, with a passion for the agriculture sector. Below are the key qualifications that we require:
- Bachelor’s degree in the Arts or Social Sciences, especially English Language, Journalism, Communications or related discipline
- Possess strong and effective verbal, written and analytical skills
- Knowledge of multimedia and design including infographics, videos and posters
- Strong research skills, including primary and secondary research
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other related computer skills required
- Proficient in the use of image, audio and video editing tools
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
- Ability to work independently, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative
- Ability to work collaboratively with others
- Knowledge of entire Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
- Fluency in French is a plus, but not required.
Job Title: Admin / Human Resources Manager
- The Admin/ HR Manager position is for experienced practitioners with the ability to carry out and perform; employee relations, recruitment, performance management system, leave management, facility management, policy, administrative insurance, training, filing and documentation functions.
- He / she will have the opportunity to advise on current labor law acts applicable to Sahel and manage the administrative duties related to workforce from entry to exit.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain internal controls to ensure compliance with human resources policies and procedures.
- Develop and recommend operational processes by updating and designing procedures / policies that will improve performance and efficiency in Admin/ HR tasks.
- Liaise with HMO, insurance and pensions administrators to ensure staff are registered and enrolled when required.
- Manage the smooth functioning of the office support systems in the most cost-effective manner.
- Conduct weekly support team meetings to address issues and orient auxiliary staff on their duties.
- Source internally and externally for best talents to fit into vacant positions, screen CVs, conduct interviews and assessments, carry out due diligence and advise appropriately on selected candidates, coordinate on-boarding of new hires.
- Revise and amend employee manual as the need arises.
- Update Sahel Consulting’s team lists, administrative data, buddy peering lists, WhatsApp group, email groups and advise on workforce exit and entry on a monthly basis.
- Design and present cost-benefit analysis when relating with service providers and recommend appropriately before presenting to management.
- Periodically circulate relevant notifications regarding weekly knowledge sharing sessions, health and safety precautions, schedules, events and policy amendment.
- Review, update and advise on preventive maintenance schedule with the support team for effective management of facilities.
- Coordination of learning and development programmes for staff including the knowledge sharing and management trainings.
- Manage facilities’ infrastructure including assets, the office environment and administrative staff.
- Assist management in other areas related to ensuring the success of Sahel Consulting.
Minimum Required Skills & Experience
- B.Sc. in Business related discipline
- 5 – 7 years of related Human Resources and Administrative experience
- Certification in CIPM, SPHRi / SHRM and other credible HR certifications is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Nigerian Labor Act.
- Ability to work within and lead a team
- Strong analytical and data analysis skills
- Must be proficient in MS Office software -Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (both written and verbal), interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Preference is for candidates who have worked as Admin/HR Manager in a consulting firm or Legal firm.
Job Title: Security Manager
- The overall objective of this position is to support the National Team Lead (NTL) of the Program in the practical implementation of security management across program implementation states including Kano, Kaduna, Jigawa, Adamawa, Plateau.
- The Security Manager will coordinate all issues of security and safety, including mitigation of the risks posed to the program, personnel, and assets, under the supervision of the NTL.
- The Security Manager will provide coordinated and focused security and risk management support.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor the security environment in Nigeria daily. Maintenance and mapping of security related incidents, drawing on open source and discrete sources, throughout current and intended Program Implementation Areas (PIAs) in Nigeria
- Conduct ongoing Security Risk Assessments (SRAs), in line with international standards, for the program and events to identify both current and future risks and associated trigger events.
- Support decision-making on feasibility of business operation and events
- Act as principal Point of Contact (POC) on all security matters for staff in the office. Liaising with and leading the security Focal Point staff in each office
- Develop and update an Essential Security Package, SOP’s and Contingency Plans for the program
- Provide security input into all aspects of Sahel Consulting’s operations, including oversight of permanent facilities, field offices, accommodation provision, and event planning
- Conduct and provide input into site audits of office locations to ensure the highest standards of security are maintained to mitigate current and future security risk
- Provide oversight of contracted security guards and Military Police (MOPOL).
- Oversee program travel arrangements, including management of personal tracking and execution of relevant response plans as required
- Effectively manage travel and journey management of staff and visitors throughout Nigeria ensuring security controls are implemented
- Assist with operational business pursuit and planning; provide timely and accurate guidance to programme leads supporting the pursuit, costing, planning and delivery of new programmes, business activities or partnerships
- Regularly review Security Policy Plans and Procedures and the staff responsible for implementation and on-going management.
- Support the NTL in coordinating and monitoring security activities to ensure that safety and security policies and procedures are implemented
- Support the NTL in ensuring that staff are fully aware of prevailing security threats and fully advised on means to reduce vulnerability of staff and partners to identified threats
- Ensure Incident Reports are received, analysed and shared
- Monitor, assess and analyse security trends from local and regional resources and communicates to NTL and staff
- Monitor the security preparedness of staff and works with staff to enforce compliance with internal security policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Support the program team in crisis situations to ensure safety to staff and assets as appropriate to the situation
- Recommend changes in country security plans to the NTL as required
- Ensure security briefings are conducted to all new staff and visitors
- Ensure appropriate systems are in place to effectively disseminate safety and security information and updates of the security situation to staff
- Attend relevant security coordination meetings on behalf of the NTL, and update the NTL on current security issues
- Contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of the organizations Code of Conduct, ethics, values and standpoint with regard to internal and external actors
- Liaise and coordinate with relevant security agents on behalf of the organization
Training and Drills:
- Ensure regular security-related training for program staff (e.g. Security Awareness Training, first responder training, induction training)
- Conduct regular security related emergency drills (e.g. telephone trees, Emergency Response Procedures) and Incident Management Training
- Conduct Management of Hostile Environment Awareness Training (HEAT) for staff required to operate in Higher Risk environments
- Conduct Management of Defensive and Security Driving training for drivers
- Establish and maintain good working relationship with program staff
- Liaise and share intelligence with those responsible for security on full cost recovery and partnership programmes
- Liaise with relevant external stakeholders
- Liaise with security service providers throughout the country to ensure efficient service is delivered and competitive services obtained.
Minimum Required Skills and Experience
- Have a background in the security sector, military, police or other relevant security parastatals
- Ability to effectively deal with the stress factor when encountered in security management
- Should be a member of the Institute of Security in Nigeria
- Possess a minimum of ten years of work experience in the security industry
- Have an excellent knowledge of Northern Nigeria territory
- Ability to speak and write Hausa fluently is desirable
- Readiness to live in the Northern region of Nigeria
- Ability to cultivate and sustain strong working relationship with government and other security stakeholders within the territory
- Good knowledge of security risk assessment of sites
Key Performance Criteria
- Quality, timeliness and accuracy of security of advice
- Compliance with British Council Global and Nigeria specific Policy, Plans and Procedures
- Effectiveness of relationships
- Annual independent audit of Security Management System (SMS).
Other Important Requirements:
- The post holder is required to travel, including to hostile environments, and work outside regular hours.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Intern: Nourishing Africa ” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.