Corporate Headhunters Limited – Our client is a private energy company owned 100% by Nigerians and incorporated to carry out the business of oil and gas asset evaluation, well project management, human capacity, training/workforce development and management.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Well Cost Engineer
Location: Warri, Delta
Start Date: Immediately
Contract Duration: 1 Year (Renewable) – Open to only Nigerian Nationals
- We are currently in search of a Well Cost Engineer who would provide some cost control on the operations of the well in the joint venture project with the Nigerian Petroleum Development Company Limited (NPDC) in Warri, Delta State.
- To assist the lead wells cost engineer and provide cost control support to well operations team in terms of contracts compliance assurance
- Contribute to supply chain KPI reporting and value spend
- Assist in category management
- Support the well operations department- Tracking costs / AFE control / Budget assistance
- Assist in the Completion Well Reconciliation’s ensuring that any variances are identified, investigated and resolved.
- Ability to constructively Challenge and Guide the drilling teams with regard to costs
- Ensure estimated final well cost is within accurate amount to actual well cost
- Responsible for implementing, embedding and sustaining and cost compliance controls within the wells cost control team.
- Ensure that all invoices / requisitions comply with the current contracts.
- Report finding to management highlighting any problem areas.
- Ensure effective communication with both operations teams/ supply chain to aid in identifying contract discrepancies.
- Attend and contribute towards contract negotiations.
- Responsible for vendor finance audits
Skills & Experience
- Must have up to 5 years experience in the Oil and gas Industry.
- Strong knowledge of conceptual drilling and completion Design and costing
- Operations Performance and Benchmarking knowledge
- Experienced in well engineering Costing with major role in Cost Planning, Assignment and Control
- Drilling operations Cost Tracking/Control and AFE management
- Skills in well reporting and ability to Query, QA/QC Daily well Reports and Report Database for component / activity cost.
- Ability to plot cost charts and generate well report and make presentation
- Knowledge of End of well report /close out reporting
Deadline: Friday, 29th May, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send an updated copy of their Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org the subject of the mail should be “Well Cost Engineer”
Note: Experienced engineers who are currently not any oil and gas contract or project in Nigeria are strongly encouraged to apply.