Carlcare Development, formerly known as Tecno Telecoms – established in July 2006, is a high-tech company specializing in the R&D, production, sale and service of mobile communication products. After years of development, Carlcare Development has become an important part of the mobile phone industry and one of the major mobile phone manufacturers in the world. Currently, it has full ownership of three famous mobile phone brands TECNO, itel and Infinix, and an after-sales service brand Carlcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Accounts Officer
- We are currently recruiting to fill the position of Accounts Officer who would be responsible for handling required accounting and tax functions. He/she will be responsible for overseeing the collection and analysis of financial information including general ledger
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of an HND /B.Sc in Accountancy, Business or it’s equivalent (preferred)
- Attainment of, or studying towards an advanced certification in Accounting (ACA, ACCA) would be considered a bonus
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar function (with good working knowledge of general accounts payables and receivables; payment processing; account reconciliations; etc. considered essential)
- Familiar with accounting and tax policies
- Hands-on ERP Accounting system knowledge is desired
Competences and Attributes:
- Must reside in Lagos
- Not more than 30 years of age by December 2020
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to multi-task, set priorities and work on multiple requests with minimal supervision
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a challenging, fast-paced, and growth environment with minimal supervision.
- Must be detail-oriented and well-organized.
- Assist in the management of all day to day finance matters, including but not limited to, invoicing, AR, AP, GL, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting, Revenue Recognition, Tax.
- Facilitates the availability of funds to meet day-to-day operational petty cash expenses and emergencies.
- Maintains monthly records to allow easy disbursement, reconciliation and replenishment
- Processes expense retirement ledgers to ensure proper accountability of all cash advances
- Creates and maintains records of cash requests and disbursements
- Assist to prepare and enter the monthly accounts into the Group consolidation system.
- Ensure all tax compliance/filings including VAT, Interest returns etc. are completed accurately and by the required deadline.
- Reconciles all received cash, which has been recorded in the petty cash book, with expenses
- Processes payment for accounts and issuing receipts
- Keeps records of amounts received and paid, and regularly checking the cash balance against this record
- Collects money from a bank for safekeeping before reimbursements
- Files all documents concerning cash payment and collection
Deadline: 30th July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Due to a high volume of applicants, only candidates who meet the requirements would be contacted.