Education as a Vaccine (EVA) is a youth-led, youth-focused non-profit organization created to work in partnership with children, adolescents and young people in particular adolescent girls and young women to advance their rights to health and freedom from all forms of violence by strengthening their capacities, providing direct services and influencing policies for improved quality of life.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant (Conecta Server Maintenance)
- Education as a Vaccine is seeking a Technology company or individual who would manage her mobile platform.
- The Mobile Question and Answer Service have been in existence since 2007 and is being used to provide adolescents and young people with sexual and reproductive health information.
- Adolescents and young people send their questions by text message through a dedicated short code and counselors respond to the question on the Conecta platform, which is then delivered to the sender through text message.
Terms of Reference
Conecta Messaging Platform:
- Conecta is a web-based messaging platform that enables communication via different communication channels. Conecta’s Rest API provides interfaces to communicate via SMS, email, web and mobile applications, Facebook messenger, and FB messenger bot. The next version of Conecta would enable connectivity via WhatsApp using a third-party integrator.
As the codebase is on Zend Framework 2 (the latest version in Laminas 3), the conecta platform runs on particular versions of the LAMP stack:
- O/S: Linux (any flavour of Linux and can be run latest version)
- Web server: Apache/Nginx
- Mysql: v 5.7
- Php: v5.6 (it will not run on php 7)
- Git (the source code is currently on bitbucket)
- Zend framework 2
These source files are included in the codebase. Unless an update of this software is required to implement new functionality, these source files would not need to be changed.
- Existing System
- Domain: server.myquestion.org
- An unmanaged virtual private server hosted by A2 Hosting
- O/S: Ubuntu 16.04
- RAM: 4Gb
- Disk space: 30 GB
- Processor: 4 Core
- Web server: Nginx
- Php: v5.6
- MySql: v 5.7
- The current platform doesn’t need much maintenance and it will continue to run without interruption. However, the connection points that interface with external systems may require the attention of a technical person.
- Check the database back-ups
- Check the logs whether there are errors in the system, any exception thrown and connectivity with the VAS providers
- Check whether the Cron jobs are running as scheduled
Handling Support Requests:
- If and when EVA Nigeria reports an issue, it should be resolved within a 12 hour time frame. Failure to attend the support requests or any delay in resolving the issues may seriously affect their services.
A potential candidate or a company that offers these services should have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in the following:
- Administering Linux servers
- Understanding LAMP stack
- Knowledge of PHP and MySQL
Deadline: 29th June, 2020
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online