WorldFish is an international, nonprofit research organization that harnesses the potential of fisheries and aquaculture to reduce hunger and poverty. Globally, more than one billion people obtain most of their animal protein from fish and approximately 800 million depend on fisheries and aquaculture for their livelihoods.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant (Partnership Officer)
Job Type: Contract
- Food insecurity is critical in Africa because 21 out of the 36 global countries currently facing food insecurity and malnutrition are in Africa. Furthermore, about 235 million of the over 923 million people facing hunger worldwide are in sub-Saharan Africa. Nigeria is a prominent West African countries that depends on fisheries as major sources of animal protein. Nigeria has numerous water bodies, which has the potential for increasing aquaculture production through cage culture and reduce dependence on capture fisheries and the supplementation of domestic fish catch with imported fish.
- The proposed action of Promoting Sustainable Cage Aquaculture in West Africa project (ProSCAWA) is a two-year IFAD funded project implemented by WorldFish. It focuses directly on two of the three strategic objectives of IFAD as captured under the Strategic Framework 2016-2025. It seeks to increase poor rural people’s productive capacities by enabling them to undertake sustainable aquaculture that will increase productivity of their waterbodies; and strengthen the environmental sustainability and climate resilience of poor rural people’s economic activities. It also increases the rural poor people’s benefits through enhanced participation in the aquaculture value chain.
The role of partnership Officer – under the guidance of the WorldFish Country Director, Egypt and Nigeria and the project leader is to:
- Support the development and implementation of all project activities in Nigeria
- Engage and communicate with key partners, stakeholders and donors and support WorldFish’
- Organize, assist in the organization, and actively participate in workshops, meetings and networking activities
- Write regular reports for the progress with all project activities.
Essential Qualifications and Competencies:
- At least a PhD in Aquaculture Systems with a focus on cage culture systems.
- Must be a self-starter with the confident ability to work with minimum supervision and within tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to work in a team-oriented multi-cultural environment.
- Trustworthy, high level of integrity and ability to keep confidential information.
- At least five years’ experience in the aquaculture sector with demonstrated success.
- Exceptional writing and communication skills in English.
- Experience with project management, monitoring and evaluation.
- Strong skills in event planning and management.
- Fluent written and spoken English, local language (Nigeria) (required).
Availability of Experts:
- The selected expert must be able to start by July 2020. The contract might be for a one (1) year duration. In some cases the assignment can be shortened or extended depending on business needs.
Deadline: 22nd June, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Interested consultants are invited to submit the following information online:
- A cover letter including a 2-page (max) description; explaining on your background and prior experience that ensures they are qualified to carry out the scope of work including your daily rate in United States Dollar (USD);
- A current curriculum vitae;
- Names and contacts (telephone and e-mail addresses) of three professional referees who are familiar with your qualifications and work experience. Your nominated referees ideally should have persons from each of the following category: direct supervisor, internal peer and/or direct report.